Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Michigan cup race. Robby Gordon will return to the #7 this weekend. Robby must qualify his way in, as the #7 sits 36th in owners points. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Michigan track.

FRIDAY , JUNE 17th

Practice              12:30pm - 1:55pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )
 Happy Hour           3:30pm - 5:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , JUNE 18th

Qualifying            1:10pm - 3:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , JUNE 19th

Raceday              1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:15 pm/et  ( TV - TNT )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Michigan Top 4 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                Nope
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Patrick Donahue
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                               SPEED Energy / Walgreens
                                                                            4) Is the car going the distance ?
                                                                                YES!

Views: 76

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

that should be easy
hope for a good finish this week, some of my posts have been off base and out of charcter if i offended anybody i am sorry no hard feelings? so today 10th race at charlestown horse 10 Nacho saint good luck
ROBBY GORDON (No. 7 SPEED Energy Dodge Charger R/T) Qualified 37th “The speeds are a lot faster than I thought they would be based on how hot it is right now. I think everyone anticipated that it was going to rain and a bunch of us had our cars set up for a cooler race track; it’s ended up being the hottest day we’ve had so far. We loosened the car up and it was still tight. The track had grip. It’s a good lap for us. We’ll take it and go racing tomorrow.”
"We’ll take it and go racing tomorrow.”

RIGHT ON.
If NASCAR doesnt throw the damn book at all of JGR then they are beyond a shadow of a doubt the most crooked racing entity around.

20-30 lb oil pan is a blatant attempt at cheating. Shouldnt matter if it was found during inspection or not. Its at the track and ready to hit the track.
it is not cheating.for real.in the garage there are pans that are real light and pans that are heavy.It was just not approved that is all.
the rulebook states: “Car parts and components that in the judgment of NASCAR Officials have been constructed to increase the components weight beyond normal standards will not be permitted.”

It seems like a 20-30 lb oil pan is way beyond normal standards.
Exactly.... Any unapproved part that is 6-7x normal standards would never be approved.
Jgr got caught... plain and simple.
Isn't that the rule that Na$crap used on MWR's radiator air boxs.2010 from Jayski.
UPDATE: NASCAR has issued penalties to the #13, #47, #00 and #56 teams that compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as a result of rule violations committed at Texas Motor Speedway last week. Robert “Bootie” Barker, crew chief of the #13 team, and Frank Kerr, crew chief of the #47 team, have each been fined $75,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31 for violating Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 20-2.3A (unapproved added weight); 20-7 (all engine cooling system components must be approved by NASCAR prior to being used in competition); and 20-7.3A (radiator mount; failure to submit components) of the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series rule book.
We'll see on Tuesday which Sections of the rule book JGR gets pop'd for.I'll bank on it being more than just an unapproved part.
Remember what is cost Robby for an unapproved Dodge front end. $150,000! and that was without intent.It obvious the intent was the objective for the weight increase.
@Jeff didn't Robby get his 150pts back but they up'd the money to 300k???
close,but.fine went from 100k to 150k and the 100 points where returned.2008

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service