Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Martinsville cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7   SPEED Energy Dodge. Robby had a 22nd place finish last year at Martinsville. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Virginia track.

FRIDAY , APRIL 1st

Practice             12:30pm - 2:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )
 Practice #2          3:30pm - 5:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , APRIL 2nd

Qualifying           12:00pm - 1:30pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , APRIL 3rd

Raceday              1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:13 pm/et  ( TV - FOX )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Martinsville Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                Nope
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Fast Five/SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Last run at Bristol
                                                                            5) Did Robby test the trophy truck this week?
                                                                                YES!

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nicky, it will be a great race !!
4 tenths....that's not a very long time when you consider how long they roll through the corners at Martinsville. 4 tenths from the pole to Robby in 34th. Again, superimposed the field would blow over the finish line how fast? My friends are telling me, no, insisting so that I preserve the integrity of myself and our group that I stop typing. We are at a STAG PARTY and some chick is helping me with my post here but I had to check in. GAS ON!
Never let a lap dance get in the way of posting a comment on PR
That my friends is serious dedication!
The biggest problem with the tires is lack of stagger (1.2in) In 'CUP' they get to run caster'd and camber'd rear end housings (max 2 degree'spos,neg,in,out) Even with +2RT and -2LT camber the rear tires are grading the inner (side closest to the inside of the track) 2/3rd's of both rear tires and cording the outer (side of tire closest to the wall)
If the tire had another 1 inch of stagger the tires would wear out about the same time as a fuel load. Watch for tires only stops tomorrow ,maybe even rear tires only.
This lack of stagger is not good for Robby.He needs to back the corner up,roll the center ( no gas and no brake ) for the Detroit Locker to work. IMO
That's crazy changing the housing angle, is that to help with planting the car for turn in angle ?
JR, It does alot of things.When you get settled,I'll call.
Thank's...
Saw a Magne Flow commercial while watching the Lucas Oil short course race, still had Robby with all the Monster drink stuff, Huh
Saw that too... Monster car from Daytona last year and all of the Monster off road stuff.
Little worried about the tire issues....the Tire Gremlins seem to LOVE hanging around the 7 hauler and cause issues during the race...lol.

Hopefully we have a good clean run today!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service