Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Kansas #2 cup race. Reed Sorenson will attempt to qualify  & IT IS NOT a full race. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Kansas track.

FRIDAY , OCTOBER 7th

Practice           12:30pm - 2:00 pm/et   ( TV - ESPN2 )

Qualifying           5:00pm - 7:00 pm/et   ( TV - ESPN2 )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , OCTOBER 8th

Practice             12:30pm - 1:30pm/et ( TV - SPEED )

Happy Hour         1:50pm -  2:50 pm/et  ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , OCTOBER 9th

Raceday           2:00 pm/et , greenflag at 2:16 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Views: 5998

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought it was funny stuff, no body wanted to touch that Tweet at all...and yes I did watch it.
Jimmy wouldnt do any better in the 7.
Robs does the best with what he has compared to the rest. Gas on Robby.

Can't wait for a full competitive race.... whenever that happens
@wheaton56----- very true. Put RG and JJ head-to-head at owning their own team, the same small yearly budget RG has today, and 3 years........RG comes out on top! That's my bet. Even if JJ did beat RG it wouldn't be by much.....like today.

A better test would be to have them switch seats for 3 years. RG would be in the Chase.
I think success in cup is more about good driver / crew chief communication then driver's ability. JJ and Chad have built the relationship that has resulted in five championships. RG is a great driver but in my outside looking in opinion there has been no stability in the crew chief position. It appears that Reed has made a lot of progress these last two races. Does this indicate that Reed and Miles are working well together and forming a good partnership?
Very true with the driver and CC.
Racing is about the whole overall picture in any type of vehicle.
Our motto on our racing level (which is very small)
"races are won in the shop 1st, track 2nd"
If we can't get through that then we beat ourselves. Not saying Anything particuLAR about RGM. But understanding part of the process out load.
I agree about the driver/crew chief to some degree but Reed making a lot of progress? Seriously? He's driven a total of 52 race miles. Driven 15 practice laps at Dover and 14 at Kansas. Qualified 38th and 39th. Not a knock on Reed or the team. He is what he is, a driver to get the car in the show to run a few laps and collect the money. Seems like every time Robby puts some one in the car to start and park, or to fill in for him when he has other committments, they are the next thing that is going to really make progress. Conway, Bobby, Wimmer, Sauter. C'mon. These guys aren't in the car to make progress, they are there to prevent losing more ground. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Progress - Please
  • 8th fastest in final practice at Dover
  • 26th fastest in 2nd practice at Kansas
  • Someone said the the car gets better in practice every time Miles makes an adjustment

I'll admit he hasn't won the pole or a race or led the most laps.

Losing more ground? What ground? He is not going to be in the top 35 at the end of the season.
@GasOn, practicing with a Q set-up vs others on race set-ups is like comparing apples to oranges.Thats your first two points.
Your third point, It's a good thing when the car responds (good or bad) to adjustment. Reed just got fired from his N/W ride supposedly becouse car adjustments wheren't working.

Shane pretty much covered it,IMO.

I really don't care who drives the S&P races as long as they can put it in the show.Miles is doing a better job of unloading a middle of the time sheet car.That is progress.
Now, lets talk about racing. Reed is a S&P, just trying to figure out how many laps......
And will he still be on track when I get home from work?
Reed in morning practice....25th/32.3
Reed looking fast

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service