Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Dover cup race. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Delaware track.

FRIDAY , MAY 13th

Practice             11:00am - 12:25pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )
 Practice #2          2:45pm -   4:15pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , MAY 14th

Qualifying           12:00pm - 1:30pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , MAY 15th

Raceday              1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:15 pm/et  ( TV - FOX )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Dover Top 4 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                Nope
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Fast Five/SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Last run at Darlington

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Read all the thread.
Blues - I agree. I'm watching TV and wondering why it's not as exciting as it once was. I now turn down tickets to live races. It looks like I'd have no issue buying tickets. Money for me is not the issue.
I agree also, ever since they moved to the COT it's just not the same I guess. My opinion.
Does anybody know if the car number design will be the same moving forward or was that just for the FastFive paint scheme?
Agreed. Listening to Mike Joy and D.W. (Robby hater) talk about Trevor 1 hit wonder Bayne and "Mr. 5 time" gets real boring real fast. Nascar's famous "debris" cautions (that never show up on tv) keep the seats empty as well. The harder Nascar tries to make the race "exciting" the faster the seats empty. Keep up the good work Brian France.
Big THANKS to Wimmer today for Start & Test
We went to see Fast Five instead of watching the race. Good movie maybe Robby could cameo in the next one.
Just got back from the race, car looked good, Wimmer did a nice job. Hopefully something productive was learned? Looking forward to upcoming full races.
Like the one's Hall of Fame got?! (junk) LMAO
The chassis hasvery little if nothing to do with it. I can assure you of that. For one NASCAR has almost spec'ed this chassis out and it has NASCAR computer chips all over them, so you cant build some radical chassis design.

When I was back in NASCARolia a few weeks ago. I saw up close or fairly close, an RCR chassis, Roush chassis, MWR chassis and Germain's Truck and Cup chassis. I did get to peak at a new bare RGM chassis, but it was from so far away I could not see any details.

For the most part the chassis are the same with some minor details. Everyone now uses fully adjustable suspension points so no more raised or dropped snout front clips. What Gibb's, Hendrick MWR, Roush and many others have over RGM is money, test time and data. Bottom line it is money to get this data. These other teams are consistently learning new set-ups and building files of data that can be translated at these different tracks.

I cant say for sure, because I dont know what equipment RGM has, but these top teams have pull down rigs, 7 and 8 post machines, their own chassis dyno machines and get way more wind tunnel time versus RGM.

I know we have seen the RGM cars on the chassis dyno, but I believe that might be rented from a company that brings it to your shop. It is not the chassis that is holding RGM back it is the money to purchase or rent time on all these other pieces of equipment that other teams have available 24-7. Also when a multi car team uses a machine, the cost is spread out between 3 and 4 cars. RGM's dyno time is payed for by one car. Some teams will simulate a full race on a 8 post machine! RGM is probably lucky to get a few hours on a 7 post and that is including set up and tear down.

Another example is when at Germain, I saw them building chassis, running cars and trucks on a chassis dyno. Getting the #60 S&P car set up on the pull down rig, and watched them unload the #77 truck that just came back from Areodyne's wind tunnel. That truck was going to Dover. Do you think RGM has the money to send a Cup car to the wind tunnel for a Dover race?

Also when at MWR we were watching pit crew practice and they were doing try outs for Truex's team. His pit stops were so bad the week before he fired his crew on the radio. MWR crews are so deep that they were practicing their back up "B" team and timing some of the NW crews guys to see if they were ready to try pitting a Cup car. At Germain's we saw pit practice and learned they too have extra guys they practice and can rotate in if needed. These are things RGM has not always had the options and finances to do.

Bottom line form what I could see RGM has good parts and pieces. The difference is having the engineering and finances to afford to learn what to do with those parts and pieces.

BTW when I was at RCR, we were there around lunch time and the race shop was almost empty. The only 5 guys we saw in the shop were engineers sitting at lap tops going over data. Each one was at a different teams area. So I would assume each engineer we saw was assigned to a different car. How nice it would be for RGM to have at least 5 engineers to pull knowledge from. Also I was told MWR's staff is 10% engineering. He has over 240 employees!

If anyone on here gets a chance to go back and see the shops, go to MWR! Love him or hate him his place shows you the most and the $10 tour is worth way more than $10. Then when you see his facility and all he has, go peek in the windows at RGM, or another smaller team. It will shock you to think that teams like RGM can even compete and run as close as they do to the mega teams. You will appreciate all RGM is doing.
*LIKE*
Very informative. Thanks!
Nice job
Thanks NIKAL

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service