Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Dover cup race. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Delaware track.

FRIDAY , MAY 13th

Practice             11:00am - 12:25pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )
 Practice #2          2:45pm -   4:15pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , MAY 14th

Qualifying           12:00pm - 1:30pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , MAY 15th

Raceday              1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:15 pm/et  ( TV - FOX )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Dover Top 4 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                Nope
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Fast Five/SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Last run at Darlington

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

great post, NIKAL. Very informative. It does make me appreciate what RGM does with what they have to work with.
Rick I will admit I know nothing about baseball. I played little league for one season when I was 6 or 7 years old. A few years ago I read Joe Gibbs "Racing to Win" book on his success and beliefs. I was truly impressed, to the point I wanted to meet him someday. Well a year or so later I got my chance. One thing in his book he talked about was racing vs football. When I meet him I asked him what has been more challenging. He said by far NASCAR has been tougher then Football and he thinks it is probably tougher then any ball sport we have in this country. He said when he entered NASCAR he thought it would be easier in a way, as the car is mechanical. He said that was a huge mistake on his part. He said the team behind the team is what makes a NASCAR team successful. He said with Football your budget is based on athletic players. Players are where the majority of a teams budget is spent on. In NASCAR your budget is based on people, but also the tools and technology you need to continually buy so those people can perform.

One example he gave me was; Even a bad ball team will win several games in a season. Because you are only playing against one team at a time you have a 50 / 50 chance of winning. Yes some teams are better then others and have better players and management, but your 1 on 1, not 1 on 43. One mistake by you or someone else does not end your day, just that play or down. He said some NASCAR teams never win a single race in their existence. Gibb's said the effort it takes to be successful and win one NASCAR race was harder for him then winning a Superbowl.

Joe Gibbs Racing did not spend millions of dollars developing their own engine oil and did not chose to separate themselves from the others and start building their own engines because it was going to save him money.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service