Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Daytona 500 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 SPEED Energy/ TBA/ DODGE.The team is locked in for the first 5 races of the season, & will run a limited schedule after Bristol.Here is the 2 week schedule for RGM at the Florida Track.

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY 12th

Practice             11:00am - 1:00pm/et   ( 41st Quickest )
 Practice               2:00pm - 3:45pm/et   ( 40th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SUNDAY , FEBRUARY  13th

Qualifying             1:00pm - 4:00pm/et   ( 19th DUEL #2 )    

WEDNESDAY , FEBRUARY 16th

Practice              10:40am - 12:00pm/et  ( 32nd Quickest )
 Practice                1:30pm -  2:50pm/et  ( 23rd Quickest  )

THURSDAY , FEBRUARY  17th

DUEL 150's            2:00pm - 6:00pm/et   ( Finished 17th)

FRIDAY , FEBRUARY  18th

Practice             11:00am - 12:00pm/et   ( DNP )
 Practice             12:30pm -  1:55pm/et    ( DNP ) 

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY  19th

Happy Hour         10:30am - 12:00pm/et   ( 4th Quickest )

SUNDAY , FEBRUARY  20th

RACEDAY             1:00pm - 5:00pm/et   ( TV - FOX )   

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon DAYTONA  500  Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                No
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Steven 'Bones' Lane
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                SPEED ENERGY & HARRIS TEETER
                                                                            4) What is the new car make ?
                                                                                DODGE / Penske Motors
                                                                            5) Anything else new for 2011 ?
                                                                                Yes ! stay Tuned!

2010 Daytona Images

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A gift from the gods, for once we might actually not lose positions on pit road every stop
I might have missed it but is there a live feed I can watch the races on today? I guess I can follow Raceview but it would be more fun to watch on Speed. Will JustinTV have a link do you suppose?
ikilledkenny is a good feed
FYI: Check the Daytona 500 page. TOG will be doing some live video feeds between running gas cans, tires, gluing lug nuts, etc. There's also photos from this morning's appearance at 7-11.
NASCAR is doing it again! Now they are changing the tapered spacer in the Truck series as they feel they are going to fast! This new spacer is suppose to reduce the HP up to 40 hp! Personally I don't think the trucks were running all that fast, Todd Bodine was the fastest in practice at 193.175. I think NASCAR does not want the trucks too out show the CUP cars. 40 HP is a lot of power to take away.

IMO I think all these changes make NASCAR look like a joke and they look very unprepared. They always talk about Daytona being the Super Bowl of NASCAR and yet could you imagine the Super Bowl, World Series or any sport making last minute performance rules to their series just days before the big game?
I was watching bit of the nationwide practice last night and the bumper from the differen makes of the car dont line up correctly to push. So TV commentator were busy discussing which brands make good pushing partner and which down. NASyawnCRAP promised different kind of racin, cant wait. Now restrictors and closing rate issues, cant wait for the demolition derby. Buy some stock in scrap metal companies.
Don't they basically do this every year at Daytona? What's the big deal? They are always tweaking the rules to improve competition and safety. How is NASCAR supposed to know what they need to do until a couple of dozen cars get on the track at once?

We have a new surface and cars that have redesigned front ends. Were these decisions supposed to have been made in an R&D lab or a board room in Novemeber and stuck to no matter what?
Matt makes a good point. This stuff is normal and to be expected on a track with a new surface and the car having a new nose
5 Lines wide. what a track. Truex ROFL!!
Matt, I hope your thoughts prove me wrong. We will see after a few hours or Sunday. I dont see the direction NASCRAP is taking improves Safety or competition. I even feel worse for all the engineers and owners (Specially robby), that spend millions fine tuning a car and engine package to make them faster than their competition, just to have NASCRAP change the restrictor on them again. Smaller restrictor --->less speed ---> less downforce = Car handeling differently than practice and the varaible you used during windtunnel testing.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service