Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Daytona 500 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 SPEED Energy/ TBA/ DODGE.The team is locked in for the first 5 races of the season, & will run a limited schedule after Bristol.Here is the 2 week schedule for RGM at the Florida Track.

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY 12th

Practice             11:00am - 1:00pm/et   ( 41st Quickest )
 Practice               2:00pm - 3:45pm/et   ( 40th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SUNDAY , FEBRUARY  13th

Qualifying             1:00pm - 4:00pm/et   ( 19th DUEL #2 )    

WEDNESDAY , FEBRUARY 16th

Practice              10:40am - 12:00pm/et  ( 32nd Quickest )
 Practice                1:30pm -  2:50pm/et  ( 23rd Quickest  )

THURSDAY , FEBRUARY  17th

DUEL 150's            2:00pm - 6:00pm/et   ( Finished 17th)

FRIDAY , FEBRUARY  18th

Practice             11:00am - 12:00pm/et   ( DNP )
 Practice             12:30pm -  1:55pm/et    ( DNP ) 

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY  19th

Happy Hour         10:30am - 12:00pm/et   ( 4th Quickest )

SUNDAY , FEBRUARY  20th

RACEDAY             1:00pm - 5:00pm/et   ( TV - FOX )   

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon DAYTONA  500  Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                No
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Steven 'Bones' Lane
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                SPEED ENERGY & HARRIS TEETER
                                                                            4) What is the new car make ?
                                                                                DODGE / Penske Motors
                                                                            5) Anything else new for 2011 ?
                                                                                Yes ! stay Tuned!

2010 Daytona Images

Views: 396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to rescind this...sorta. I think they get to change motors after the duels if memory serves me correctly.
and?...
when is the next practice today?
up next...danica's wreck
Dustin Long says:

Dale Earnhardt Jr was involved in a crash and is going to a backup car just moments after posting the fastest lap of practice (to that point) at 199.526 mph. Earnhardt was pushing teammate Jimmie Johnson in a two-car draft as the came up on some slower cars that moved up a lane. Johnson got loose as he tried to slow for those in front. Another two-car draft of Martin Truex Jr and Brian Vickers came up on the back of Earnhardt and couldn't slow in time. Both Truex and Earnhardt slid down the track off turn four with Earnhardt crashed into the wall. Both Earnhardt and Truex are going to backup cars.

"I didn't feel good about good about being out there in practice, and I didn't think I needed to be out there practicing,'' Dale Jr. said. "I just had a bad feeling.''

Dale Jr. will start at the rear of his qualifying race now on Thursday. Because he is in a backup car, he'll also have to start at rear of the Daytona 500 on Sunday.

Said Jimmie Johnson: (Robby Gordon) and (David Gilliland) and (Michael Waltrip) started at the bottom of the track in turn 3 adn kept creeping their way toward the top. I was running out of space and I thought the hole was going to close and I lifted and I got turned sideways.''

The consensus from the drivers invovled in the incident was the that slower cars have to be better aware of what is going on around them and stay in their lanes because the closing speed is so significant.

But it seems to me the cars that are passing need to be responsible for passing cleanly. We've heard driver say that the pushing car in a two car draft can only see the spoiler of the car in front. So how the hell is a lead car in a train of 2 or 3 cars supposed to see someone behind closing on them? Johnson F'd up, and is looking for someone to blame.
Yet, there still wound up being plenty of room for the 48 to go by on the high side.
If Robby was in the 88's place right now, yeah I'd be pissed. But I'd be pissed at the 48 for jumping out of the throttle knowing Robby was on his butt.
I've always wondered why they still run the metal spoilers at the plate tracks. Drivers for years have been complaining that the spoiler limits vision so why not run a lexan one? IROC did it on their cars, several other racing series do it on theirs, & if braced right it could work well on these cars at the plate tracks.
@Josh, just for conversation.My Late Model like most in the country run a 6 1/2" tall spoiler, and the top 5" is Lexan.For short track racing it makes a huge difference to be able to look thru the car/cars ahead of you.
5) Anything else new for 2011 ?
Yes ! More details Wed Feb 16th

What of this?
If you hadn't noticed, TOG has not been posting here much today. He's at the track taking pictures and tweeting and stuff. I presume any announcement today will have to wait until he's got better internet access and the time to update the site.

Or maybe he was just teasing us with that FAQ. ;-)
TOG's just a slacker

... and a tease
My thinking is RG twitched a little bit but kept his line and JJ checked up and that caused it, JJ thinking RG lost it but for a Dayona nano second on JJ's part caused the wreck , nothing to do with RG--me thinks that what I saw...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service