Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Daytona 500 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 SPEED Energy/ TBA/ DODGE.The team is locked in for the first 5 races of the season, & will run a limited schedule after Bristol.Here is the 2 week schedule for RGM at the Florida Track.

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY 12th

Practice             11:00am - 1:00pm/et   ( 41st Quickest )
 Practice               2:00pm - 3:45pm/et   ( 40th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SUNDAY , FEBRUARY  13th

Qualifying             1:00pm - 4:00pm/et   ( 19th DUEL #2 )    

WEDNESDAY , FEBRUARY 16th

Practice              10:40am - 12:00pm/et  ( 32nd Quickest )
 Practice                1:30pm -  2:50pm/et  ( 23rd Quickest  )

THURSDAY , FEBRUARY  17th

DUEL 150's            2:00pm - 6:00pm/et   ( Finished 17th)

FRIDAY , FEBRUARY  18th

Practice             11:00am - 12:00pm/et   ( DNP )
 Practice             12:30pm -  1:55pm/et    ( DNP ) 

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY  19th

Happy Hour         10:30am - 12:00pm/et   ( 4th Quickest )

SUNDAY , FEBRUARY  20th

RACEDAY             1:00pm - 5:00pm/et   ( TV - FOX )   

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon DAYTONA  500  Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                No
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Steven 'Bones' Lane
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                SPEED ENERGY & HARRIS TEETER
                                                                            4) What is the new car make ?
                                                                                DODGE / Penske Motors
                                                                            5) Anything else new for 2011 ?
                                                                                Yes ! stay Tuned!

2010 Daytona Images

Views: 396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The new specs NAZICAR put on the overflow/boilout for the cooling system has put a wrench in the gears for the "long term" two car drafting. I see guys up front getting away just the same but at the same time having to cool down will cause drop backs and jockying. I think this race is gonna be a damn mess at the end....I really do.
once again robby qualifies in the back better luck at the duels/////// way behind on technical support
@William, where you following 'chat' today during qulifying? Spending time,manpower,and money on qualifyng for the Daytona 500 is a waste on time,manpower, and money if your already IN the big race.And Robby is!
There is a lot of little things to help with qualifying.RGM didn't use manpower on those things.Thursday is draft practicing day.
kinda thought Wednesday was...
Kinda like 4 rows away, but anything can happen, RG will have to catch him to draft him, who knows be fun to watch...but some people say he will s&p to wait for the big show, only RG knows what will happen.........
Not RG Wreckers or Checker
imo, qualifying does not matter, the 150's don't matter; just keep the fenders and such on the car; start last in the 500 with a car that has no dings/dents. The 150's will have some huge wrecks!
Since we have been our own single car team...when was the last time at any Plate Track that Robby turned a great solo lap in qualifying?

We seem to have gotten some pretty darn good results regardless...

in 2008 when we were the 2nd best plate racer by results overall...just take a look at those start/finish spots....and who was our manufacturr back then??? hmmmm......lol
Robby is Diff. not afriad to get in there and mix it up on Race day, but how much info will be shared by the 1 and the 22 before Race-day comes. Is he friends with these guys or will he be hung out on his own.
There's still a 4th Dodge in Brads brother Brian...........if he makes the show. He's in Robby's Duel also.
are you serious - this car is way too slow to be a drafting partner.
I think RG used to mostly hate Kurt Busch's guts, but that was back in the days when everyone hated KB. He may have grown up since then. Remember him spinning RG in the 2002 All-Star race just to bring out a caution? I also remember RG offering to pay Jimmy Spencer's fine after Spencer smacked Busch.

This was all years ago. I am sure they can work together, even if they aren't BFFs.

It seems like this year it is more about whose car works well with your car, regardless of teammate or manufacturer. RG will experiment with different people on Thursday I am sure.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service