Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Daytona #2 cup race. The #7 is locked in for this weekends race. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Florida track.

THURSDAY , JUNE 30th

Practice                4:00pm - 5:20pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )
 Happy Hour           6:35pm - 8:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

FRIDAY , JULY 1st

Qualifying            4:10pm - 7:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SATURDAY , JULY 2nd

Raceday              7:00 pm/et , greenflag at 7:45 pm/et  ( TV - TNT )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Daytona Top 4 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                Nope
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Mile Stanley
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                               SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) Is the car going the distance ?
                                                                                As of now, nope.

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

New Nascar road course rule - no passing on the corners....
If they handle the switch to fuel injection right, so the acceleration-sapping limits of the restrictor plate goes away, then Daytona next year could be a completely different race. It seems to me, with EFI, they could limit top speeds without limiting throttle response. Drafting will still be a factor, but the slingsot of old could make a comeback.
I am really glad Junior spoke out against this current restrictor plate "racing"...

Maybe NASCAR will actually listen to him? Probably not though, they will just do whatever they want.
Junior has made it as clear as he can how much he hates this new style of 'racing' . I don't see Nascar listening to him , but there is always the off chance that it could happen.....
I'm not sure nascar likes it either, I just think they don't know how to fix it.
They should have just left it alone. They have it in their minds that this is what the fans want to see. It seems they are wrong.
This is a result of the new nose right. I don't think anyone could really.predict what or how this new racing happened
I think Robby recommended putting the wings back on for RP tracks. that would solve a lot of the problem.
back to the way it was ? how do you age a track 20 years really quick?
Folks cried that the cars did not line up right and bump drafting was causing some cars to get out of shape. Bump drafting was policed. Then the cars were made to line up better. Then they hit Talladega with this new found comfort and it was discovered that two cars could really rock. And it was the way of the world on those two tracks. Not liking it myself there are many tracks that put on a worse show than this.
I say we are going to see major push back from the fans............to sit and watch a over a 80 lap green run (boring) and then the last 10 laps you see the action. If you noticed around 15 to go the 24 got turned no wrecks but NA$CAR wanted to throw the yellow to bunch up the cars for the final 10 laps. BS cars were wrecking in both races in the end, and no yellow....... on top of that one car was setting sideways in the middle of the track with the rest of the field still racing to him.

In my earlier post I said the owners can't be to happy with this type of racing, 4 races where you could loose a car or multiple cars the cost is over the top. Today when sponsorship is leaving and the owners are faced with rising costs daily to compete. Now NA$CAR wants to go to FI more $$$$$$.

I am going back to one of my favorite all time guys...Smokey Yunick his quote of the day..........Load the waggon the mule is blind.

It is time for the mule (Owners) to stand up and fix this type of racing. I am not a union guy but owners & drivers need to stand up to NA$CAR.

Want to fix it..........change the bumpers so you can't bump-draft.......change the car so you can pass on your own.

Just an old racers opinion....................
For what it's worth, I think your opinion makes sense, old racer or not. =)

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service