Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Daytona #2 cup race. The #7 is locked in for this weekends race. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Florida track.

THURSDAY , JUNE 30th

Practice                4:00pm - 5:20pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )
 Happy Hour           6:35pm - 8:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

FRIDAY , JULY 1st

Qualifying            4:10pm - 7:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SATURDAY , JULY 2nd

Raceday              7:00 pm/et , greenflag at 7:45 pm/et  ( TV - TNT )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Daytona Top 4 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                Nope
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Mile Stanley
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                               SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) Is the car going the distance ?
                                                                                As of now, nope.

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The greased up nose and ass was pretty comical. But cars have paired off at plate tracks for as long as they have had plates. It was constantly an issue during broadcasts to stress who is coming in together on pits since anyone that did it alone was completely hosed.
That might have been the last race like that. My money is on a change coming soon....it's all about the air...IMO
Since when in racing you pass more cars in the pits because you can't pass on the track.....and the gas man fills the cell with one hand and with the other he is greasing the bumper....it's a joke. Now it's all about fuel milage who can save because you don't want to pit and loose track position. Guys are staying out on old tires with maybe enough fuel to make the finish..........put 22 gals. in the cell and race it.

Remember if you can't pass it's a PARADE.................
GTX-point of interest.19-19.5ish Gallons in the cell,currently.
10-4 .......yes I know thanks Mike.
I agree with what you're saying. Except I think there actually IS more on track passing now than there was during the horrid aero push days that started in the mid/late 90s. Maybe it's not as good as it should be, but NASCARs has had the issue for more than a decade of drivers not even trying to pass on track, just expecting their teams to make up spots for them in the pits. I'm not sure Matt Kenseth has ever even passed a car on track in green flag conditions in his career......
@Gray, did I read your last sentence correctly?
I'm not sure Matt Kenseth has ever even passed a car on track in green flag conditions in his career......
Really? CUP Champion on luck! WOW!
Move the rear bumper up and the front down, just for the Dega race. Throw the blade across the roof to deflect air also, and we'd have a decent show. I wish they would make the bumpers not match up at all anymore. The guys really have to work to bump and run or loosen guys up now, and they sure as hell can't dump guys without it being completely obvious.
Look at all those spoilers on the backs of these cars. The speeds were a bit slower...... a bit. Steering a bit different ..a bit. Tires a bit different...a bit. The racing a bit lop sided.. a bit. However my point is look at what was on the track over 35 years ago. Cut the friggen blade off. get rid of that stupid wicker that runs from the spoiler up the rear deck lid and up the window. Go farther back in time and find a spoiler, you won't. Chances are insurance and liability are some heavy fuel in the flames that keep the spoilers a burnin. It will never happen but i'm sure the drivers know the truth, and please keep the 'they all race the same one" talk to a minimum.
Just sayin the cars would race pretty good without a spoiler.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-racing/nascar/season-recaps/1970...
There is something wrong with the pictures, they look like stock factory cars. Wouldn't one make have an aero advantage over the others and make for boring racing? They'd have to slow down the superior make so the slower cars can keep up.

I miss the good old days of real Stock Car racing in America

NOT!
I found the following link for NASCAR penalties:

http://www.jayski.com/pages/penalties.htm

http://www.racing-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=421789

I wonder what makes a penalty a 'stop and go' vs. a 'pass through'?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service