The SPEED ENERGY Hummers leave today for the 2011 Dakar Rally in Argentina . There will be many photos & videos coming out that feature a FINAL look at both machines, before they begin their journey south. A few fast facts : Unlike the support vehicles that travel by ship to Argentina, the HUMMERS will be flown there.Be sure to check back daily, as well as revist video from past rallys ,in the Planet Dakar Group.

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to see RG's Dad as Driver,  two Gordon's would be great to follow, then there is his Sister who we all know is a great Driver. Just thinking out side of the box. All The Best Dakar 2011

One thing I did notice and gives me a few ideas of who could be the #2 Hummer driver. I noticed on the black Hummer lower front fender that there looks to be a MasterCraft Safety decal and on RG's Orange Hummer there is not one. So maybe the driver of the #2 Hummer is sponsored by MasterCraft and part of their sponsor deal is anything they race must run the MasterCraft logo?  If there was any validity to my thought I guess I could call Robbie Peirce and find out. 

I'm not saying BJ is running the #2 Hummer but guys like him are sponsored by MasterCraft Safety.

I do find it weird that they would not have announce the driver / navigator line up for the RGM USA Hummer team. Almost like who ever was originally planned to drive did not work out, and changes have been or are being made at the last minute.

I would agree, one would think it would have been annouced by now. It is also odd that the entry list went from not showing the 327, then 327 - TBA and again to not listing it at all.

Or the contract has not been completely ironed out. With competing tire companies, energy drinks, manufacturers etc in the offroad driver pool contracts tend to not be rubber stamped.

FYI Mastercraft bought Impact a week ago..

http://www.wickedmag.com/mastercraft-safety-announces-the-acquisiti...

I know I posted this in the General Racing Forum a week ago when it was announced. 

I talked to BJ and he said he was not driving for personal reasons and told me who would be driving. Now this was a few weeks ago, and like you said things change at RGM in a hurry.

Scott, BJ's said since right aft this years rally, he wouldn't be racing the 2011 event....with RG. Apparently now he's not running it at all. BOO, I say

As with all racers,never say never and no decision is final till the green flag drops.That being said the green flag hasn't dropped.

http://www.mastercraftsafety.com/teams-offroad.php 

Shows RGM as one of their teams.

This actually surprises me as RGM uses Sparco seats and RG is endorsed by Simpson Race Products and has been for as long as I can remember. When Simpson released the D3 seat belts they used Robby as their spokes person as these were for off-road buggy and UTV applications.

Even before MasterCraft purchased Impact Race Products I would have thought being involved with MasterCraft would be a conflict with Simpson as they make and sell many of the same products. Now I will say RG's window nets in the TT and prerunner are from MasterCraft. I dont know about the limit straps?   

If I had to guess, it must be a fairly big name driver...likely many cross-sponsor issues to address. Anybody else and RGM would have announced long ago. It's the wait that leads me to believe it'll be someone we know very well and might even be surprised by...

my way outside the box guess....Smoke

I

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service