Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Chicagoland cup race. Robby Gordon will attempt to qualify  & IT IS a full race. Repeat: FULL RACE PLANNED. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Illinois track.

FRIDAY , SEPTEMBER 16th

Practice            2:00pm - 3:30 pm/et   ( TV - ESPN2 )

Happy Hour       6:00pm - 7:00 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , SEPTEMBER 17th

Qualifying          1:30pm - 3:00 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , SEPTEMBER 18th

Raceday           2:00 pm/et , greenflag at 2:16 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

TOP F.A.Q

1. Full race ?   YES
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy & Mapei
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Must Qualify On Time ? YES
5. Souvenir Hauler ? YES
6. Next Full Race ? TEXAS

Views: 11918

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Having to replace the motor was an unplanned cost this weekend. Given that and the right rear was not correct I would say park it also. Good call,
39th place equaled $79,375

Lights stay on at RGM...
Yes
I am content with RGM just running 6 races a year, 2 roadies and 4 rp's, those are the only courses that they have a shot at. The odds are too much against him at any other track so he can show up, market his drink and snp for $$$.
I don't think 6 races is enough visability to get the exposure need to market enough SPEED to fund Robby's venturers.
Robby already has the parts n pieces to show up each week. Keep on going....
It looks like the team still has not figure out the intermediate track setup / aero package. I wonder if they will have something for Texas which is the team's next full race?
wrong. they learned alot this weekend making the car better than it has been.
Good. They can put all that they learned this weekend with all that good info they got from the wind tunnel at the first of the year. On to the front at Texas!
TOG I agree. car was pretty good running 31.50's for the first 30 laps. He was passing cars and moving forward. They haven't done that for awhile. Made the pit stop and an adjustment and ran 31.70s lost the lucky dog by 1 spot after falling a lap down. was in 31st when the tire issue occured, and in the LD spot. The scanner implied he got loose and into another car. Then there was talk about the rear end (i assume axle) was off. Once RG slowed Johny relayed that RG made a great save keeping it from wrecking Once off track. RG knew he was done. Not much attrition at this track. and would have only made up 1 spot if he returned. Rob has always been good to his paying sponsors so don't be suprised if the Mapei decals show up later this season.
Lol Kevin, you basically said that Robby gave up. He had a right rear end issue. He had Mapei Sponsoring him, he wouldn't just park it. The car couldn't drive.
Have you been paying attention at all this season??? He has parked it several times when there were planned races...I don't blame him..if he races the whole race...best he would have finished is 30ish....he finished 39th.
LOL, was the best looking 40th place car out there

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service