Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Chicagoland cup race. Robby Gordon will attempt to qualify  & IT IS a full race. Repeat: FULL RACE PLANNED. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Illinois track.

FRIDAY , SEPTEMBER 16th

Practice            2:00pm - 3:30 pm/et   ( TV - ESPN2 )

Happy Hour       6:00pm - 7:00 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , SEPTEMBER 17th

Qualifying          1:30pm - 3:00 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , SEPTEMBER 18th

Raceday           2:00 pm/et , greenflag at 2:16 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

TOP F.A.Q

1. Full race ?   YES
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy & Mapei
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Must Qualify On Time ? YES
5. Souvenir Hauler ? YES
6. Next Full Race ? TEXAS

Views: 11918

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't care who you are, Kyle Bush or Robby Gordon, if you break an axle and have the choice of going out on the track and being down about 50 laps and not being able to make up any more spots, you are better off to park it.
The only chance at any more tv time is if you cause an accident, and that would be unwanted publicity.
Car goes back to the shop with just a rework for the next race instead of the body shop. All in all this works. Maybe I will try to make a run to Miami for an end of year full run!!!
@Rob, Homestead is not scheduled to be a full race.(scoring pylon ,left side,front page)
Kyle Busch would continue running for points...

Robby isn't running for points, so he parked it.
don't think it was a broken axle would have been a lot slower than a 31.70 I believe.Besides they could have changed it fairly quickly if they had too. Had to be something a little worse than that,I'm assuming
I thought it was the rear end 'housing' that was damaged not the axle.(disclaimer-I was at work and barely had time to follow,easily could be wrong)
didnt run 31.70 on his last lap. he about came to a stop on the back stretch. Johnny radioed "no caution" so the 7 limped around to the pits. Robby then radioed he was taking it to the garage. Even if he fixed the rear ge would have gained 1 spot, 1 point and all that additional prize money.
I agree with you, the car must have been messed up,I was just commenting on what someone said on prev page,just sayin
Seems to me stuff always happens to the #7 that doesn't happen to anybody else, what are we missing here?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service