Discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway as Robby Gordon drives the #7 SPEED Energy Dodge. Here is the weekend schedule:

FRIDAY , AUGUST 26th

Practice 1 12:00PM - 2:00PM (EST) ( TV - SPEED )
Practice 2 2:45PM - 3:30PM (EST) ( TV - SPEED )
Qualifying 5:10PM (EST) ( TV - SPEED )

SATURDAY , AUGUST 27th

Race 7:30PM (EST) Green Flag approx. 7:43PM ( TV - ABC )

As always, live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Views: 9858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

on to Atlanta!!
In the show and right next to the 71. at this point (if) rgm runs full races we could forsure catch the 71 or more likely the 32 but we will have to wait and see the 38 is right on our tail. I believe pheonix and texas are only fulls left so far . Audibles are know to happen.
Bobpockrass has stated on Twitter that Robby Gordon will S & P the rest of the year and he has made cut backs at the shop. Robby told him directly. Also that that he will NOT give Danica the #7.

On the first point if this is true why even waste the money showing up. The are not that fast and they are barely making the show. I would think it would cost RGM 30k to start & park eack weekend. I know people are going to say that it keeps the lights on. I dont buy that. It cost RGM alot more then 30K a week keep the lights on. If he has let more people go recently, then it does not look good for the NASCAR side of RGM.

I would think that RGM needs to regroup for making a run at it next year. If not then go race somewhere you have a CHANCE at running near the front atleast half the time. Some people are going to take this post the wrong way, Just saying whats on my mind. I will always watch and support RG. Love my 4 cans of FUEL a week and cant wait to try the new one. God SPEED.
Nicky,

Getting into a cup race will make you alot more than 30K. I don't understand this point.

Regrouping is probably not going to happen. That requires Cash, which it sounds like RGM is short of. For me a few races a year is better than no races at all.
Bricoop, I'm say that it has to cost RG at least 30K for a CUP weekend. I just don't see how S & P will keep the lights on. Yes Front row Joe does it every weekend, I'm sure he does not have half the guys RG or the race shop RG has. I just can not see how S&P is good for RGM. Do it like the 21 does it. Show up to race, not to run a few laps and park the car.
He does it cause he can.
I bet it helps pay for the off-road efforts - extra $$ for Dakar, SCORE, short-course trucks, etc. Keeps those guys employed.

Which leads to an important question - when will we get to watch Robby race something for a full race? Baja1000?
There is no future success for a team taking a long break to regroup. History shows that it will not work, and the 21 team is really just another R&D team for Jack. when you regroup you lose the staff, and you lose the information which is only gathered at race day track time.

Continue to show up and pay your staff, sell product, chase other sponsors. The only way a regroup can work is if he takes the sponsorship to another team for him to drive.
The reason RGM shows up every week it because they get paid for making races, and provisionals are based on qualifying attempts. It's a business model all teams without full sponsorship have to do. If it didn't make sense, none of the 6-8 start and park teams would do it either.

Several start and park teams have different strategies: FRM has 3 (now 4 teams) that have done well enough to fully fund the 34 (which is solid in the Top 35 now), TBR has 2 cars now and has been able to lock the 36 solid in the Top 35 and land Golden Corral as a sponsor. Nemechek does enough with his Cup team to run competitive in the Nationwide Series.

Robby has raced more races this year than he originally planned. I'm sure they are working hard on getting SPEED on the shelves and working deals with distributors. If things go well with SPEED, it will be a solid footing for many years for RGM.
TOG I get it that RG is going to do what ever he wants cause he can.. But is that what's really best for RGM? I cant see how other people who do not follow RG like we all do would start buying SPEED energy. If they cant see the car, you cant sell the product. 2 seconds of air time is no match for MINUTES of air time.

I get RG does not have the money that other teams have. but I want to see him run good every week. not once in a great while. I will keep buying all the SPEED I can to help support our guy.

I guess I should just have faith that one day we will all get to laugh at everyone else.
It is what it is Nicky, your last line summed it up well...just have faith. RG's been pretty much doing the impossible, doing what he has, for as long as he has...a lot of much bigger & smaller teams, have came and went- Shops still open i assume, and the positive is, He said he ain't giving up the #7. That's a pretty big positive!
it is not about the racing, robby is in this to sell speed energy drink, if it takes off he will have the money to invest in his operation,like him or not people will buy speed because IMO it tastes better than the other stuff out there it is a good product

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service