Discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway as Robby Gordon drives the #7 SPEED Energy Dodge. Here is the weekend schedule:

FRIDAY , AUGUST 26th

Practice 1 12:00PM - 2:00PM (EST) ( TV - SPEED )
Practice 2 2:45PM - 3:30PM (EST) ( TV - SPEED )
Qualifying 5:10PM (EST) ( TV - SPEED )

SATURDAY , AUGUST 27th

Race 7:30PM (EST) Green Flag approx. 7:43PM ( TV - ABC )

As always, live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Views: 9858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yea...but the car was pretty shaky.
rg is 5th fastest of GOGH'ers
I've been trying to understand why we don't practice...Is it really because we can't really afford to buy tires ?

I'm always seeing high performing teams test set ups and run 50 to 90 laps. Then Rob runs 6 laps of practice and runs 33rd all day.

I'm going what the hell man?? so it's really a cost cutting measure ? If so I get it..but most successful companys aren't the ones who slash thier R&D budgets.

I know we gotta do what we gotta do - not bitchin - thanks
$2K a set. Approx. $12K into it (entry, driver, inspection, crew fees) with a barebones S&P crew excluding the cost of actually getting there (+ lodging) before you even unload the car. Add payroll, fixed overhead, insurance, etc.
Dan, the engine can only have so many cycles on it and tires cost a bunch. In a S&P race RG only needs to feel the car out and scuff the tires in. Chicken - Egg issue. Can't do one without the other, but they are not tryng to win tomorrow so why waist the $$. Plus the 7 is most concerend with Qing. A Q run takes at least 20 minutes to cool car down before another run can be made. So in a 60 minute practice you only get three 2 lap sessions.
Cool down time between mock Q runs....
RG is faster than only 3 GOGH cars in this session.. could be another nail biter later today in qualifying
Y&T? Gotta make the show before you choose a song.
I think N/A sings that.
I'd feel better about qualifying with a sub-16 second lap about now.
His experience will get him in the show at Bristol. It's not like one of those micky mouse 2 mile tracks. I bet the farm on it. Yep the whole farm.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service