Discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway as Robby Gordon drives the #7 SPEED Energy Dodge. Here is the weekend schedule:

FRIDAY , AUGUST 26th

Practice 1 12:00PM - 2:00PM (EST) ( TV - SPEED )
Practice 2 2:45PM - 3:30PM (EST) ( TV - SPEED )
Qualifying 5:10PM (EST) ( TV - SPEED )

SATURDAY , AUGUST 27th

Race 7:30PM (EST) Green Flag approx. 7:43PM ( TV - ABC )

As always, live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Views: 9858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1x(14/3)
agreed
I agree Dave-O. I learn a lot from those that have been following Robby and NASCAR/racing much longer than I have.
@Dave, Thanks,chat is suppose to be fun and a little more open (not topic specific) for all that wish to participate.Unfortunately a couple of folks banned themselves yesterday.It was back in June the last time that happen'd.
Ive been on Exhile Island before, you don't want to go there. Darn spoilers.
I know this has already been talked about, but for those who missed it:

From Jayski

"#7-Robby Gordon plans to start and park in all but three of the remaining Cup races unless he can get additional sponsorship, he said at Bristol Motor Speedway. Gordon said he planned to run the entire race at Chicago, Texas and Phoenix because he has enough sponsorship for those races. If he gets more sponsorship, he'll run more races. Gordon also continues to build the energy drink company he created to help fund his racing programs. So, wouldn't it be better if Gordon skipped some races and be better prepared for the ones he ran instead of starting and parking most of the time? "If you don't come to the race track, you don't learn,'' Gordon said. "If you don't come to the race track, I can't help it that we can't find a sponsor to pay for right now. I can't help that. I've tried. Trevor Bayne doesn't have any sponsors on his car and he won the Daytona 500. That's the reality of it. We've tried hard, and this is what I love to do, so I'm going to continue to fight the fight"
@Kevin, thanks for reposting the longer version here. TOG posted the clipped version here
http://www.planetrobby.com/forum/topics/the-rumor-and-suggestion-th...
WJM and I where conversing about the actual costs to show up and take the green flag and running a complete event.I thought I had a fair idea,I was wrong.Food for thought.A team that is on the winners circle program finish's top 15 at Michagin and takes a 17k lose.Expense to show up vs purse.Amazing
not a problem Mike! WOW! I had no idea. I don't even know what to say
Well said. Buy more drinks, race more races.
I agree. Robby would love to race the whole race just as much as we would love to see him race every and all races. But he is smart and knows what is best to keep going. And we/I will be here to cheer him on in whatever decision he makes.
If you go to the Jayski article and click on the link to the VA Pilot, there are additional quotes from Robby which are quite informative and are probably what we all know in terms of which cars get exposure on race day
I guess I'll chime in about this whole "thing" we have going on. I'd like to rip off some sort of long run on sentence as this whole state of affairs deserves nothing less. Although perhaps one of logaoedic nature blasting of dactylic swings of literary fists, hitting nothing but air in an unwilting exhaustive waste of time (yours) would do the trick. But in reality a bullet point list of facts that carry through itself a sort of gospel with which we should carry ourselves seems to be the order of the day. However I'm not the man to write such a thing as I'm not a fence rider and in order to not fan the flames of decadence I'd be best advised to keep my mouth shut. But I won't. As the weeks pile up of uncompleted races I for one will only skim over any writings of how bad things are for Robs NAZICAR team. As the Dakar draws nearer i'll watch as the amount of enthusiasm rises. I more than or at least match the disappointment folks feel but the sense of disarticulation I do not. It's been a long time coming, all the way through every manufacturer.......and back, but we sit at the threshold of a new beginning, Speed Energy Drink. Buckle up and get ready for the ride. Shut up if you don't like it. Buck up if you do. So what if Rob chose to park the car at one of the tracks that eats cars, look at Martins car and the work it now needs and Robs car that don't. Martin $94,220 and 6 points Robby Gordon $85,960 and 1 point. $8,260 dollars worth of what? Those numbers are from the prize list I have no idea what they mean I'm just a _____________. I'll watch,listen and learn but won't bash, cry and complain. Oh and here are those bullets I mentioned.
> As a self respecting man be sure and be biaural, that way when you speak out of the side of your mouth no one will know.
> Gas On

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service