Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Bristol #1 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 FOOD CITY/SPEED Energy Dodge. Robby had a 22nd place finish last year at Bristol. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Tennessee track.

FRIDAY , MARCH 18th

Practice            12:00pm - 1:30pm/et   ( 32nd Quickest )
 Qualifying            3:30pm - 5:00pm/et   ( 33rd Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , MARCH 19th

Practice #2         10:45am - 11:30am/et    ( 32nd Quickest )
 Happy Hour         12:00pm - 12:40pm/et    ( 28th Quickest )

SUNDAY , MARCH 20th

Raceday              1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:16 pm/et  ( TV - FOX )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Bristol Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                Nope.
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Steven 'Bones' Lane
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                FOOD CITY/SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Last run at Homestead
                                                                            5) What entrance song?
                                                                                TBA

2010 Bristol Images

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+tv+sponsor+$$ bien Robby!!! Mexico te sigue.
not sure liked the call. I thought it was still too early in the race to be trying hail marys. When i saw the car get into the wall, it came as no surprise to me....a predictable outcome to a high-risk decision. oh well.
How could this be a high risk decision, the tires had 7.5 more miles on them than the guys who pitted for the competition yellow, looked like a no brainer to me. The crew radioed that the tires they took off looked very good also. The problem was the car was extremely loose and the crew chief asked robby if he could put more front brake in it to help and Robby said he had already done that. That is when I got worried about the tire bead. Then he was racing hard to stay on the lead lap and I will never fault anyone for that and supposedly the tire bead gave up, it happens. Unfortunately the car took a major hit and maybe it was slated to do Martinsville or at least be the backup for M'ville maybe, I do not know
do what the leaders do....at least that way we have a) one more time to adjust on a loose car, b) get a mid twenties finish, c) get some decent points, and d) keep a good car intact....but I don't know shit
Monday afternoon crew chiefing...Just another day on PR.
Hafta kinda agree with Slider on this one, seem's like you do what the leaders do and you usually finish the race in a fairley good spot, in this race if miss the wrecks , would have come home with a top 15 or so
Monday arm chair crew chiefing again.....
not to reinforce you last comment but, if you start in the back and do what the leaders do on you will finish in the back. putting the car in the wall was not about staying out - it probably had more to do with a car that really wouldn't handle. There were longer green flag runs later in the race. Crashing late or early in this race didn't matter much as there was very little attrition. I thought it was the right call.
life is good here...it's a win win all the time.... if RG runs well, then great !!... if he doesn't then we just say "well points aren't important, part time schedule".....
bummer I was hoping a new manf. would help get everything back on track for nascar. as for the TT thats just offroad racing. hopefully better next week...
All of you complaining about the call, I think it was the right call and both Bones and Robby wanted to do it. It was worth the risk to get the track position. Had a caution come out, it would've worked for them. Robby was driving real hard at the time and probably abused his tires and brakes, which caused the tire failure. You live and you learn but I like the fact the RGM was willing to take a risk.
get $10 million more budget per year.
I knew there was a simple solution.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service