Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Brickyard 400 cup race. RGM will have 2 cars at Indy, Robby Gordon in the #7 & Scott Wimmer in the #77. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Indiana track.

FRIDAY , JULY 29th

Practice            1:00pm - 2:15 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )
 Practice            3:15pm - 4:30 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , JULY 30th

Practice          10:00am - 11:30 am/et  ( TV - ESPN2 )
 Qualifying          2:10pm - 4:00 pm/et   ( TV - ESPN2 )

SUNDAY , JULY 31st

Raceday           1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:19 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN2 )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Indianapolis Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                YES
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                RGMCWF25B-2011 & RGMSPWTT43B
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Brad Parrott & Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                SPEED Energy
                                                                            5) Wind Tunnel ?
                                                                                Yes. This week.

Views: 704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think ALOT OF YOU are missing the point. The #7 car is locked in the show. Having the #77 try different setups and gather information will help the #7 on race day. The #77 is also the back up car, you can't have Wimmer going "balls to the wall" in practice or qualifying and tear up the car. If Wimmer made the race, great $130K + check, but that was only a bonus.
The #7 is going the full distance sunday and should have a great amount of info. Hopefully RG can finish ahead of the #71 and come away with a solid finish.
Don't expect more than a S&P or Start & stay in front of the #71 at Pocono...then onto The Big Show for RGM at Watkins Glen. New car, Penske motor and lots of SPEED! Enjoy Indy.
Thanks Zoom. That makes perfect sence. TOG cant seem to answer the questions sometimes. We are not all as enlightened as him. I think he forgets that.
No, you just post dribble without researching the facts.
The Fact?..................where was it posted that Wimmer was running race setups for the 7? Unless we're at the track or in the garage, how would anyone outside the team know this?
Ken probably has posters of Joey Logano in his bedroom. Just sayin...
That is a good point about trying setups, but how many total laps did it run in all 3 practices. Just guessing maybe 10-15. That doesn't seem much in the way of testing setups.
It is a great plan to attempt the back up car because once in, you don't need one but I think (with my limited knowlege of the big picture) I would have focused a little more for that "bonus".
The 77# is the back-up? So not like Sonoma.....
77 made several mock Q runs this morning and topped out at 177.396. That looked to be pretty competitive in the morning session, but the track changed quite a bit between now and then.
THE #7 & Robby Gordon are RACING ON SUNDAY...

Enjoy your Saturday.
TOG, you loving that Twit Pic from Speedenergy with Jenna Fryer? lol
no more crush on Fryer..lol..
TOG I can't enjoy my Saturday when my Bears have yet to add one quality Free Agent and we are still around 20 mill under the cap.

As for RG I was encouraged by most of his lap. If he'd have hit corner entry in 1 and 3 he'd have been in a very good spot and that picked my Sat up. Only temporarily tho cause now I am back to thinking about how terrible of a GM Jerry Angelo is.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service