Join in & discuss all the action for the 2011 Baja 500 on Saturday, June 4th. Robby Gordon will drive the #77 SPEED Energy / TOYO TIRES HUMMER. The 4 wheel class is slated to begin at 1:00pm/et ( 10:00 am local time ) & Robby Gordon starts 26th. Live tracking, as well as many other important links can be found in our 2011 BAJA 500 Page and raceday chat will also be available.

Views: 614

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Will the new section of the course hurt or help the Hummer?
OK, pardon my ignorance but what are the pros and cons of running the Hummer at Baja? i.e. wheel travel, horsepower, etc.
Pro's
Giant Gas tank (no need to refuel)
higher top speed.

Cons
Shorter Wheel base makes the woops a little harder to hit at speed.
Any big horsepower delta? TT's are 2WD???
biggest pro is IT JUST WOULD LOOK BITCHEN and the locals would go nuts as it went by
both the Hummer and the TT in the RGOR stable are 2wd.
Need to FINISH the event...Keep the tracker moving.
TOG anay way they could clone the tracker and put one on all chase trucks?
Seems like RG understands that and realizes its going to be a HUGE chore to win it from 26th. Heres a tip of my SPEED Energy drink to a solid FINISH!
Heres my theory...how long is a Baja pit stop? 1 minute? and how many will the TTs make? 2 or 3??

Then Robby only needs to run the leaders pace on course plus 1 second less than the total pit stop (I imagine 3-5 minutes?) to win the thing...lol

:)
The way I see it is not about the time gained necessarily it is more about the fact that clean air is so valuable in baja. If he can stay on the tail of the guy jnfront of him. He will pass them in the pit. Assuming that the next guy is a ways ahead he will have clean air to catch up to them and then pass the next car while they pit later. Since it can be very hard to pass at many parts on the 500 course this will allow for some serious potential to make up a lot of time on the leader. Good stratagy imo.
Well even if Robby were to win the thing he will not be the first person to physically cross the line I imagine...he will pass some, but keeping just near the pace of the leaders is key...but as you said clean air is king as with dust in your face it is probably not an easy thing to do! so passing the slower cars as they pit will be huge

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service