Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Watkins Glen cup race.Robby Gordon returns to the orange #7 Speed Factory Toyota on Sunday. Please note, a second car for PJ Jones will attempt to qualify this weekend. The #07 of Jones will sport the black speedfactory.tv colors.Also, the In-car camera will be provided for Robby Gordon by directv.Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the New York track.

FRIDAY , AUGUST 6th

Practice           12:00pm - 1:50 pm/et   ( 33rd Quickest )
 Happy Hour        4:10pm - 5:30 pm/et   ( 29th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , AUGUST 7th

Qualifying          11:10am -  1:30 pm/et  ( 15th Quickest ) * PJ starts 39th *

SUNDAY , AUGUST 8th

Raceday           1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:18 pm/et  ( WINNER! & PJ 2nd )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

THE GLEN CONTEST IN THE CONTEST CREW

Robby Gordon Watkins Glen Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Infineon 2nd Place
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Speedfactory.Tv
                                                                            5) Will Robby Test for Montreal ?
                                                                                Yes

2009 Watkins Glen  Images

Views: 275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes it was a bummer of a day i wanted to come home after He had problems i got so bored with the race ugh blah i watched that race to see if Rob had a chance .
Well, bad day for RGM, but he will bounce back. the car looked great and the pass on J Gordon was great, looked to be he was pulling away from the 24 until the tran went away. I like the way Robby did'nt give up and came back out. All you can ask for is 100% effort. Good Job Robby and Team.
I was out camping with my kids this weekend (wife's idea) and was not happy with the date she planned. I TiVoed the race and the weekend wasn't a total loss. Power steering last year, transmission this year. Robby is cursed when it comes to WG. Not expecting much for Michigan and will look forward to Montreal, 'Dega and Dakar.

Are Robby's commitments related to Toyota? Any expectation that he may make another mfg change? I don't think Robby is getting the support from Toyota he expected to receive.
If Paul Menard jumps to RCR, I think this would be a great time to get allied with RCR. I mean, the 78 gets their stuff from RCR and Smith has a better car than RG just about every week.
Chassis from RCR and Hendrick Motors
Robby is in the #48 next year, so its a moot point.
Brian and TOG, there's no need to be smart allecks. I understand that you (TOG) as the mod get tired of seeing the same comments over and over again about 'RG should do this or RG should do that,' but I am just thinking out loud about possible solutions. If you don't like my idea, ignore it if you can't be constructive. You of all people should get that.

My original point is that RCR already supplies equipment to the 78, so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that RG could get a similiar deal to combat the aero problems, either with RCR or someone else. We all know about the longstanding relationship between RG and the Menards, so it's not a crazy thought, at least on paper. I'm not saying that it WILL happen, I am just thinking out loud.

This is an Internet forum; this is supposed to be about sharing information and ideas, not mocking people.
I love you Man....
big difference between realistic ideas & unrealistic ideas. If RG wanted to get cars from other teams, he wouldnt have spent millions in outfitting his shop with the equipment to make his chassis,etc. Robby has made his bed. Robby has stated over & over in videos that he loves the challenge of making his own cars. But I do agree with you. I should just ignore them.
My observations from The Glen.

- Car unloaded extremely tight.
- Car needs more front brake ducting.
- Car ran too hot on Sunday.
- Car was too loose on Sunday.

- Rob was running a smart race (with strategy) until the transmission broke.
- Rob was getting killed on the straights (could have been conservative fuel set-up).
- Rob was killing the exit of turn 1 and the bus stop.
- Rob was still faster than 10+ cars without 3rd gear.

Does anybody know if Robby broke his hand yesterday?

Was Robby's boy at the track this weekend?

Robby seemed surprisingly relaxed / layed back all weekend. Even after the transmission went.
Will there be books and DVDs ? How about seminars ? =)
Claire B was hinting about that as well last night, on her show. I got the feeling that she knew more than she was saying, but felt that she couldn't divulge out of respect of her behind-the-scenes source. From the sounds of it, much of her info came right from her on-tape and off-tape interview with Robby! The car looked great yestsreday, Robby was particularly strong in Turn 1, right below where I was sitting, and even after he said "It isn't worth it" about fixing the car and going back out, he did it anyway. I'll take those three things as positives for RGM yesterday.... Oh, plus I got on the Home Depot VIP stand at Trackside Live holding my "Drive it like you stole it, Go #7" sign!!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service