Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Watkins Glen cup race.Robby Gordon returns to the orange #7 Speed Factory Toyota on Sunday. Please note, a second car for PJ Jones will attempt to qualify this weekend. The #07 of Jones will sport the black speedfactory.tv colors.Also, the In-car camera will be provided for Robby Gordon by directv.Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the New York track.

FRIDAY , AUGUST 6th

Practice           12:00pm - 1:50 pm/et   ( 33rd Quickest )
 Happy Hour        4:10pm - 5:30 pm/et   ( 29th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , AUGUST 7th

Qualifying          11:10am -  1:30 pm/et  ( 15th Quickest ) * PJ starts 39th *

SUNDAY , AUGUST 8th

Raceday           1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:18 pm/et  ( WINNER! & PJ 2nd )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

THE GLEN CONTEST IN THE CONTEST CREW

Robby Gordon Watkins Glen Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Infineon 2nd Place
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Speedfactory.Tv
                                                                            5) Will Robby Test for Montreal ?
                                                                                Yes

2009 Watkins Glen  Images

Views: 275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow I'm surprised that the souvenir trailer isn't going to be there! Lots of RG fans there, so I guess this means no autograph appearances either? I was looking to pick up some new RG gear....oh well
Is RGM required to sell merchandise out of the trailer or could they set up a tent or something at a lower cost?
Maybe just sell one style of shirt and hat?
don't have a third tractor to haul the souvenir trailer to the race?

FAQ #6 - How many laps does the 07 plan to run?
So what do we do now? Is Robby going to be making a showing?
nice photo's from the shop.
R u kidding me? No souvenir trailer? What in the heck is going on around here?
You can not make this crap up. We spend hundreds of dollars at Rob's trailer every year. First no NW race and now this? This hurts me to no end.
Its pretty simple math, really. (How much did RGM make selling merchandise out of the trailer at Watkins Glen last year) minus (how much will it cost to drive the trailer up, lease a spot and staff it for Watkins Glen this year). If you get a negative number (or a very small positive number), you don't do it.

All us fans can get our gear online. I used to buy at the track, but now I can't. Oh well. That beats knowing that my team is selling me gear at the track and losing money while they do it.
I would agree. They probably figured they would lose money or maybe 'break even' this year, so they are leaving the trailer at home. I can't blame them, its simple economics.

It sucks for the fans like us though, nearly every other T-shirt I see at the Glen is RG and his trailer is always packed Friday-Sunday. I know the autograph session is a big draw, years back he used to sign after qualifying on Friday and before the race on Sunday. You ought to see the money that changed hands, people would buy things just to have him sign it. Not saying in this tough economy it would be the same, but if Robby can make more money by Robby appearing twice (some years 3 times), then why not?

I order some things on-line if I "have to have it", but to be honest I can't remember the last time I did. I am more inclined to spend a couple hundred bucks at the track even though I might not need it. See what I'm saying? I guess its like the heat of the moment kind of thing to me anyways, I like visiting with the employees and Robby and showing my support in person.
For the members that might have missed this tread regarding appearances.

http://www.planetrobby.com/forum/topics/watkins-glen-to-honor-past
Says he is going to be "honored" during pre-race, Geoff Bodine, Ernie Irvan, and Steve Park look to be the only ones signing autographs on Sunday morning per www.theglen.com

Drivers participating in the autograph session at the Turn 10 village include:
• Ernie Irvan – 1991 Bud at The Glen Race winner in the #4 Kodak Film Chevrolet

• Geoff Bodine – 1996 Bud at The Glen race winner in the #7 QVC Ford

• Steve Park – 2000 Global Crossing @ The Glen race winner in the #1 Pennzoil Chevrolet.
You're just all up on this "members that have missed threads" thing today aren't you?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service