2010 Texas Samsung 500 Race Weekend Info & Discussion

Join in here and discuss all the practice & race action for the 2010 Samsung 500. Robby Gordon will be running the #7 Monster Energy Toyota. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Texas track.

FRIDAY , APRIL 16th

Practice         1:00 - 2:30 pm/et   ( 42nd Quickest )
 Qualifying       4:30 - 6:30 pm/et   ( 38th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , APRIL 17th

Practice         12:30 - 1:15 pm/et   ( Rained Out )
Happy Hour      1:50 - 2:50 pm/et   ( Rained Out )

MONDAY , APRIL 18th

Raceday        12:00 pm/et ,  green flag at 12:16 pm/et   ( Finished 26th )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & position updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Like I said, ,just a casual fan.
I do agree Beagle I probably pushed the envelope on this one,but all in all ,I respect everyones' views here on the Planet.I am not an expert and don't pretend to be.So answer my last question.
Are all the teams that start ahead of Robby qualifying in race trim(particularly the top 20 teams)???
I know JPM did.....

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headlines/cup/04/17/jmontoya.texas....

If its good for a Chaser from last year it cannot be too bad a plan!

Also do not discount the fact that with multi car teams you can split the duties in 1st practice (Q trim/race trim) and swap notes setups.... we do not have that luxury.

And like I said originally, if the weather forecast is 100% clear, I agree...after an initial race trim shake down of the car, focus on the Q stuff all practice...but this was not this weekend.

Given our position in th epoints and the fact that Saturday was looking like a complete washout, race trim was the right call...

we NEED to be locked in for Talladega....
I'm seeing a bunch of shades of gray between the two extremes of race trim vs. qual trim. Really guys, Robby and the team decide what they need to work on, then go out and do that. They have no obligation to explain it to us, or anyone else. These guys know the car and the driver and all the other variables, and make the call as to what they think would benefit them overall.

I often find myself infuriated at the team for only pulling a handful of laps in practice when other cars take advantage of 4 or 5 times more track time. But then I take a step back and recognize that these are a bunch of smart guys, and if they thought driving around the track made more sense than making adjustments, then they'd probably do that.
lol...and when you have a Hendrick car...not many adjustments need to be made...so you can run many laps!
lost in all this , and missed by many, is HOW CLOSE the field is from 1st - 43rd in qualifying. RG is only 2 tenths from top 20.
that extra 2 tenths...2 inches....isnt that what every man is looking for? lmao
I agree Alan,lots of Gray.Let's go back just one week.RGM has to make the race on time,so they practiced before qualifying strictly in Q trim and switched to race trim after making the show.
Now that RGM is back in the top 35 and locked in the show.I'd only practice in race trim, as Garrett reminded us "it's the race that pays"
So MartyP the answer is different teams/drivers have different agendas.Another point on Q practice,tires costs about $2500 a set and you put a new set on for every practice Q attempt.
Its all good,Thanks all for the differing views,hope we have a good run if the rain holds off.!!
Alan, of course you're right.... but.... Your " Robby is a smart guy and will do what's best" could be an answer for every post on this site! So, no need for TOG or PR at all. Come on, man, let us rookies have at it! lol
Dale Jr is starting to look like Alan from the hangover. Check out his mug on nascar.com. Any weather updates for today or from the track?
great call !
Still raining....uGGG!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service