Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Texas #2 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 Mapei/Menards Toyota.The team has a nice cushion in owners points,so it's time to go racing.Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Lone Star State track.

FRIDAY , NOVEMBER 5th

Practice             1:00pm - 2:30 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )
 Qualifying           4:45am - 6:30 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , NOVEMBER 6th

Practice              9:40am - 10:35 am/et   ( TV - SPEED )
 Happy Hour       11:00am - 12:00 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , NOVEMBER 7th

Raceday           3:00 pm/et , greenflag at 3:16 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Texas  500  Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                HELL YEAH !
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Steven 'Bones' Lane
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                MAPEI/MENARDS
                                                                            4) Will the new chassis debut ?
                                                                                Yes , next week at Phoenix
                                                                            5) Will Robby pre-run baja?
                                                                                Yes he will. Next week !

2009 Texas Images

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is the hauler & team going back to the shop after the race, or straight to phoenix?
I am thinking Randy and the hauler are headed to Phoenix,Robby's headed to Lorreto. Prerunning Baja for RG, I would think for 3 days anyway. TOG will be back soon and be able to answer this better
Hauler is in Texas. The car that raced on Sunday will serve as the backup for Phoenix & the team will spend all day on Monday getting the Phoenix primary(which was the Texas backup) ready ,then the hauler will head straight to Phoenix.
will the souvenir trailer be going?
Texas was a good effort, regardless of the parts failure and finishing position. The car and team have run 3 weeks in a row close to a 20th position. That's what it takes. You gotta walk before you can run. This was probably the best Intermediate effort I've seen from RGM in a long, long time.
Gained to 32nd in points.. Good Points Week at Texas!!
Didn't really gain.. lost a few to the 71 and 38, those are the ones that count. Still in good shape, though.
Jayski:
•NASCAR Penalizes Kyle Busch For Actions at TMS: NASCAR has fined Kyle Busch, driver of the #18 M&M's Toyota in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, $25,000 and placed him on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31 for his actions during last Sunday's race at Texas Motor Speedway. Kyle Busch violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing inappropriate gesture and verbal abuse to NASCAR Officials) of the 2010 NASCAR Rule Book (NASCAR)
. AND The following is a statement from Kyle Busch: "I accept NASCAR's penalty and realize what I did during Sunday's race at Texas was inappropriate. Even in my relatively short time here in NASCAR, it's pretty obvious to everyone that I wear my emotions on my sleeve. Sometimes that passion has allowed me to find that little something extra I needed to win, and other times it's made me cross the line. Sunday at Texas was one of those days. I lost my cool, plain and simple. It's not acceptable, and I know that. I apologize to NASCAR, its fans, all the partners who support Joe Gibbs Racing, and all the people who work so hard to give me a racecar that's capable of winning races every week. All of those people deserve better from me, and I owe it to them to keep my emotions in check."(TSC/JGR)(11-9-2010)
The bird is the word
I caught the last half of Kyles reaction on my scanner. It was a very enteraining event and the crowd loved it.
Funny thing, It always seems the same "actions detrimental to stock car racing" will almost always be used by NASCAR and the media to support stock car racing.
Do they ever penalize drivers that go after each other like that? Good example of "Have at it boys!" Attacking with their car, yes, but it didn't look particularly threatening (I mean, we are talking about the Jeffs here...) - plus it livened up the crowd a bit. I didn't think the bird was worth that much money - but it sure was funny, too. NASCAR loves that stuff.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service