2010 Talladega Aaron's 499 Race Weekend Info & Discussion

Join in here and discuss all the practice & race action for the 2010 Aaron's 499. Robby Gordon will be running the #7 Monster Energy Toyota. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Alabama track.

FRIDAY , APRIL 23rd

Practice           2:00 - 2:45 pm/et   ( 28th Quickest )
 Happy Hour      3:30 - 4:30 pm/et   ( 30th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , APRIL 24th

Qualifying         11:35 am/et - 2:00 pm/et  ( 38th )

( Qualifying Cancelled  )

SUNDAY , APRIL 25th

Raceday           1:00 pm/et ,  green flag at 1:19 pm/et   ( Finished 20th )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & position updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Views: 301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i'm actually feeling really good about the next month for rob...and the team...richmond could be the launching pad for the rest of the season. Robby runs good at richmond just take care of that right front tire and the brakes. And i love watching Robby race at Darlington has had some solid runs over the years and RGM has good cars there the past two years only to get wrecked Sorenson and then Dingalinger last year about 15 laps into the race(that made that 9 hour drive down really suck) and robby is usually solid at dover. Charlotte will be the test for me to see if the team and cars have made any progress with the mile and a half track program....so i'm pretty excited about the month of may and i'll be at 3 of the 4 races.....so lets get it done GAS ON!
You guys think the Phoenix car will be back for Richmond? Almost the same set-up, but a bit steeper and shorter
yes they are taking that chassis to Richmond. Chassis also tested at Indy
They are getting more testing and race time than in years past on their brand new chassis' this year. Some really good notes can be compiled on their existing cars that will do nothing but help in the future. I think the key to this year will be to save the equipment and not tear up too many cars. This car from yesterday is in good shape and will be ready with miminal effort for Daytona in July. That will give the crew at RGM more time to work on their other cars, for example the road course hot rod, short track and intermediate cars. Don't tear up equipment, save money that can be used elsewhere in the cup program, and keep moving forward. It seems so simple but it's extremely hard considering Robby's aggressive driving style. That said, Robby has been doing a above average job this year taking care of equipment. Yesterday could have been a complete wash if Robby hadn't been able to avoid Hamlin. Looks like he's got his eyes on the future, and that's a very good thing.
For me the disappointment was in the finish that could have been.It looked like he had a great car ,and a car capable of winning.Bad Karma !!
1) Speeding on pit road I would have to say it happened leading up to his pit box ,correct? Unless of course he could blow a 55 MPH hole shot from that end of pit lane. Black helicopter: "Black helicopter" what else can be said.
2) Being down a lap gives you very little to work with at that track, as in why race hard you're only asking for trouble we were pretty lucky to have that many cars get crumbled and gain spots from such. However when we did get the lap back and were presented with the chance to gain anything by it, not only was time short but the car would not get up through traffic and it seemed we had no dance partners to aid us, thus from 20th to 20th.
3) In the end the only thing that matters is finishing 20th. We can walk away and wipe our sweat away knowing full well that this race was about finally having more good luck than bad and nothing more. Hats off to Robby for bringing the car home clean and in a twist of fate other than the Hamlin spin our one bit of bad luck of speeding may have been the seeds of the good luck in missing all the carnage. I just hope that if the beloved Buffalo Sabres pull their collective rabbit out of the hat, the hockey game will not conflict with the race in Richmond.
it was exiting....he and Kurt Busch i beleive on the same stop.
It seems RGM has turned a season corner. In the last 3 races we have a 14th and 26th and yesterday's 20th. So the team is building momentum. Keeping this level up for another 5 or 6 races we could see RGM inside of the top 25. The key are the intermediate track cars and their motors. If they get those issues sorted out, we could be inside the top 20 at Homestead.
If that was a TRIAD motor yesterday than I am impressed!!
motors are the least of this teams worries. Plenty of HP in the TRIAD
Larry Carter & Miles Stanley
I am 95% positive that I saw a Monster Energy logo under the Dale Sr 3 on Harvicks' two doors. As well as a Monster Energy logo on the top of the trunk. Is this Shell and Monster trying to push the drink at their mini-marts? The same way that M&M's and Red Bull advertise their top vendors on those race cars. (walgreens, kroger,e.t.c.)

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service