2010 Talladega Aaron's 499 Race Weekend Info & Discussion

Join in here and discuss all the practice & race action for the 2010 Aaron's 499. Robby Gordon will be running the #7 Monster Energy Toyota. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Alabama track.

FRIDAY , APRIL 23rd

Practice           2:00 - 2:45 pm/et   ( 28th Quickest )
 Happy Hour      3:30 - 4:30 pm/et   ( 30th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , APRIL 24th

Qualifying         11:35 am/et - 2:00 pm/et  ( 38th )

( Qualifying Cancelled  )

SUNDAY , APRIL 25th

Raceday           1:00 pm/et ,  green flag at 1:19 pm/et   ( Finished 20th )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & position updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Views: 301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2009 Results:

Spring - started 42nd , finished 29th ( WRECKED ) / Fall - started 34th , finished 32nd ( WRECKED )
We'll let's all hope he does better then that. Get r done Robby we need it.
Like 2008's results. Those were a little nicer.
Both times Robby got wrecked he was inside the Top 15 charging to the front in the closing laps. Last fall, Robby had one of the Top 5 cars...it was bad fast! Led several laps and charged through the field with ease until someone crashed him!
What a big risk.. is there a setup that's halfway between race trim and Q trim?? Got to make the race but want to be able to run well on Sunday.
I wish Robby would get a good qualifying draw.
Forecast says Heavy Thunderstorms for saturday...90% chance of rain (as of thursday morning). How do you practice Friday, in qualifying trim or race trim, knowing that qualifying is likely to be rained out. If you have a qualifing set up and it rains out qualifying, your car won't be in race trim for sunday. If you gamble and stay in race trim and qualifying gets in before the weather, you risk not making the race.
good point.......it will be interesting to see what decisions will be made.....JMO i think they should use race trim, RGM has a good plate track program..... risk or not.
I'd almost do some qualifying trim early in practice, see what your times are, then switch it over to race trim. Are you allowed to work on your car during qualifying? I really dont know, if you are, then have it in race trim and only switch over the q-trim once qualifying begins.

Then again I could be completely wrong and you cant work on your car during qualifying, in which case, ignore what I've said, other than I'd try to get a little race trim practice in at some point during the qualifying sessions, though I do seem to recall us leading this race for a little while last fall...
The good thing is all the Go or Go Homers will be in the same situation...just hate for it to be like Charlotte last year (which RGM finished 3rd) and everything come down to a gamble. Do you plan for rain or plan for qualifying to get in? Let's just say all those teams will be glued to the radar on Fri & Sat.
no, they all wont be in the same position..... some will be S&P cars and will be in qual trim for sure.
The cars are impounded immediately after their Qual runs. The only thing that can be changed is the tape on the nose. Last year's play book is junk because of the spoiler. So the team has to use the full practice time dialing in your car for the race. Now complicate that with rain in the forecast and needing to make the show. So what is the play? The best they can do right now is to use a set up that worked last year for the forecasted conditions on Saturday for Qualifying and see where that puts them in practice. What can we do? Pray that Qualifying gets rained out!

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service