Charlotte, NC (January 14, 2010) – After clenching last year’s championship, Robby Gordon will return to SCORE International Off-Road Racing competition for the season opener, the Laughlin Desert Challenge, January 15-17. Gordon and members of his Monster Energy / Toyo Tires team will travel to Laughlin, Nev., immediately following the conclusion of the Dakar Rally on Saturday, January 16th. Gordon is expected to arrive in time to race in Sunday’s final day of competition.

In last year’s edition of the Laughlin Desert Challenge, the Monster Energy / Toyo Tires Chevy CK1500 trophy truck dominated the field by securing the pole on Friday, finishing second on Saturday and winning the main feature on Sunday. After recording a near perfect weekend, Gordon claimed the overall victory in the unique two-day racing event.

This year, Gordon has entered his father Bob Gordon in the No. 1 Monster Energy / Toyo Tires Chevy CK1500 in the event. Recognized as a legendary off-road racer, “Baja Bob” will qualify the No. 1 Monster Energy / Toyo Tires trophy truck on Friday afternoon by running one complete lap around the 6.25-mile loop. Bob will then compete in Saturday’s 8-lap race before handing the wheel over to his son for Sunday’s main feature. Gordon’s starting position on Sunday will be based on the finishing order of Saturday feature.

This year, 26 participants are expected to race in the featured Trophy Truck division of the SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge. Saturday’s and Sunday’s events will include an 8-lap race around the 6.25-mile loop, which is expected to get underway at 1:00 p.m. PST on both days. All drivers are required to complete their eight laps within no more than 80 minutes, and the overall winner will be determined by the least amount of elapsed time needed to finish both days’ feature races.

“Racing and SCORE desert racing are clearly two things that I am extremely passionate about,” commented Gordon. “To compete in fourteen stages of the Dakar Rally and then rush back to the United States to race in the SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge is something that most competitors would never dream of doing. After dominating last year’s event, we definitely have high expectations for this year’s race as well. I’m happy to have my dad in the Monster Energy / Toyo Tires trophy truck on Saturday; I’m sure he’ll get us a good starting position for Sunday.”

Follow Robby Gordon’s progress in the SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge and the final stages of the Dakar Rally at robbygordon.com, planetrobby.com.

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey NIKAL, I talk to Steve Sunday night he told me that the course was a... and I quote, "A MOTHER F______ !!! also said that Bob took 1 lap around the track and said no effing way and thats when steve got the call from Robby. Steve dumped his weekend plans for a once in a life time chance to drive Robbys TT !
also, during the race he pitted to have crew look the truck over,he said it felt like a rear shock was blown. He was told all was good went back on course and thats when the rr shock mount broke had to limp that beast all the way around the course. before that he was making good time.
I'm still going to give him shit at Fontana, because it will be the only way to neutralize Steve. Since you know Steve then you should know what I'm talking about. He already thinks our camp and coolers are his. If I dont rip on him a bit he will have his whole entourage thinking its his camp and everything is free!

BTW the shocks will feel blown on RG's trucks unless you put your foot in it and stay on top of the bumps. That truck does not like to go into the holes. Robby built it to skip over the holes. This was why McMillins changed the shock configuration on there former RGM truck. BTW Jessie Jones another TT race just bought that truck and raced it at Laughlin.
Nikal- Just make sure you have a case of pepsi stocked for me...lol...

as you were......
If you look at the coolers in my pictures, the ones under the tables. Those have dividers and are for soda's and beer. There's probably 6 different soda's Pepsi one of them, and we have 4 or 5 different beers.

The Pepsi will be ice cold for you!
BTW, You're an idiot! you know nothing. Robby's shock's are speed and position sensitive. You have no idea what that means,so in simple terms they are extremely plush at any speed. You couldn't have been moore wrong. You're talking about shock's year's ago, but the shock would have felt the opposite. It would have felt very harsh,not blown out. Do you even believe all the hate and shit you spew? I doubt many others do. Can't wait for Fontana!!!! P.S. tell Scooter to give me a call please :)
Just to clarify things, the rr shock mount did not brake, the rr shock blew it guts...so Steve was right when he said the shock was blown. The truck was running on the limit straps and bump stops for most of the race. How do I know this?.... we replaced the shock on Saturday night.

Thank you Matt ! Matt is one of the guys I spoke of in another response who worked into the night so Rob could race on Sunday. Where was Blow Hard, Now it All NIKAL???
Thanx again for all you're help,
Kendall
P.S. Cool pic. obviously taken from the top of the service bed chase truck!
You can also see the beating and banging on a video from TI, tracking international...we had to decline an interview that night, as we had significant other things to get done....sorry about that!
Wow!
Did not now you guy's felt this way! you could have just asked me to leave your'e camp. I guess you feel pretty cool doing it from behind youre computer with everybody reading. No problem. I wont (Hang ,actually mooche off you) again. Cocky? Opinion. Two faced I'm not. I won't kiss your'e ass at fontana then talk shit from behind a key board. Tell the boy's to pack one less sixer Kendall won't be stoppin in.
If I ever make it out to Fontana, I am going to mooch of you too at your campsite. lol
Thats what I was think'n also!
They're got a pretty big spread/digs from the pictures I've seen!
If its the campsite i think it is they throw a killer spread

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service