Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Pocono #2 cup race.PJ Jones will drive the #7 Speedfactory Toyota on Sunday. Please note, Robby Gordon will return next week at Watkins Glen. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Pennsylvania track.

FRIDAY , JULY 30th

Practice          12:00pm - 1:30pm/et   ( 45th Quickest )
 Qualifying         3:30pm - 5:30 pm/et   ( 42nd Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , JULY 31st

Practice            9:00am -  9:45 am/et   ( 43rd Quickest )
 Happy Hour      11:20am - 12:20 pm/et  ( 43rd Quickest )

SUNDAY , AUGUST 1st

Raceday           1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:18 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Pocono #2 Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Same as Indy/Orange
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Speedfactory.tv
                                                                            5) Will Robby run Nationwide at The Glen?
                                                                                No he won't. Montreal is the only NW race.

2009 Pocono #2 Images

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NAZICAR has put a race in the great state of Kansas. They got this Chicago thing. And Vegas and Texas if you ask me those are snoozers as well. I'm not defending Pocono but racing to a point is attrition and 500 miles is a slight stretch but when Jeff Burton said 300 miles that's nuts. The race has to be an "event" and after 500 miles Greg Biffle was the driver in the seat that won the race, completed the 500 miles first. I've been to Pocono maybe 11 -14 times and to say I did not get bored every so often would be a lie, but in the end I always had a great time. But I would never spend a dime to travel to a 300 mile race, as I recall there was a 400 mile race I believe. In the end the sport with these mile and a halfers are killing the sport for future fans who can only get the bug through the boob tube.
Yes, I remember Steve Park's accident. Installing SAFER barriers wasn't an option back then. Unfortunately, it takes more than a bad wreck or two before powers to be recognize it as more than an isolated incident. I haven't been to a race there since '97 so can't comment on the fan experience. It was all different back then. The double file restarts have added a lot no doubt. There was a lot of passing that didn't always happen there. My hubby is a Bowyer fan so we did enjoy the race overall. I typically nap half way through this marathon but stayed awake the whole time yesterday. It's the length that makes it boring, no matter how good the racing is. There will always be long green flag stretches that feel like they'll never end.
Pocono reminds me a lot of New Hampshire: Dangerous AND boring. Bad combination. Ton of bad wrecks at Pocono over the years: Dale Earnhardt and Bobby Allison almost died there. Steve Park's incident. Davey Allison's flipping crash. Seems like Tim Richmond might have had a bad one there as well?
If you ever watched the East/North Series and especially the Mod's run at New Hampshire, you wouldn't say its boring. The overweight taxi cabs just aren't good for flat tracks.
Pocono may be dangerous but atleast nobody has died there, I would say it's safer than Charlotte and Daytona.
Not yet by the shear graces of GOD.
Bobby Allison and Dale Earnhardt were straight-up miracles. Dr. Jerry Punch saved Earnhardt's life, plain and simple.
I was at the Brickyard and NW race at ORP and enjoyed the NW race much more than Cup as far as racing action goes
For me , the racing at ORP is much , much better than the Cup race at the Brickyard . IMO the Truck and NW series are where most of the best racing is , as compared to what the Cup series offers week in and week out .
Sherri, I would mostly agree.Pocono did have alittle excitement when all the lead laps cars where hustling for every position after mid race. Why? The threat of rain. IMO
It's rather sad that the threat of rain actually makes them race 'harder' for position . I guess the # 1 reason why I like the Truck series best is the fact that those drivers go for it on every lap, and you get to actually see some exciting racing . I'm tired of points racing , as it seems the same small group of drivers are winning the races . I love it when a driver who isn't one of the favorites wins a race .
I enjoyed Jamie Mac winning.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service