Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Pocono #2 cup race.PJ Jones will drive the #7 Speedfactory Toyota on Sunday. Please note, Robby Gordon will return next week at Watkins Glen. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Pennsylvania track.

FRIDAY , JULY 30th

Practice          12:00pm - 1:30pm/et   ( 45th Quickest )
 Qualifying         3:30pm - 5:30 pm/et   ( 42nd Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , JULY 31st

Practice            9:00am -  9:45 am/et   ( 43rd Quickest )
 Happy Hour      11:20am - 12:20 pm/et  ( 43rd Quickest )

SUNDAY , AUGUST 1st

Raceday           1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:18 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Pocono #2 Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Same as Indy/Orange
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Speedfactory.tv
                                                                            5) Will Robby run Nationwide at The Glen?
                                                                                No he won't. Montreal is the only NW race.

2009 Pocono #2 Images

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

did i mention how much this race sucked (pocono in general),
Glad Busch and Saddler walked way today
You guys are too funny! Makes my day just reading through the threads....

Pocono is boring and always has been. It was our home track for a long time, and the first place I saw a Cup race. And still I think it's way too long. Really hard to watch a race there, even if you're at the track. But they have one thing others don't - money. Haven't had a race sponsor since 1996. Not because they couldn't, but according to the Matteoli family, they don't need the money so why bother. Leaves sponsorship $$ on the table for those that aren't well off. Like Bruton Smith or the France family. It's still an independent track who puts up the sanctioning fee twice a year. If they change the schedule, they can't flip the date with another in the same stable because there is no other. That's what might cost New Hampshire. Vegas wants another date, Kentucky wants a slot. Fixes to Pocono safety issues are underway and will be ready for next season. Thank God nobody was killed in the meantime.
They have no choice but to make improvements. No way do the drivers go back there in 2011 without the changes being made. Too bad it took yet another incident like this . Reminded me of Terry Schoonovers wreck at Atlanta in 1984 where he hit the dirt embankment ( he didnt make it ) , and Elliotts was a 10 times harder hit.The dirt being thrown up during impact is eerily similar. I wont post the video of Schoonovers 1984 incident here.
Also, I hope the add fences around the back corners and straights. If Edwards and Keslowski had gotten into it here vs one of the other tracks, somebody would be in the trees.
Vak, I am a Pocono guy as well and understand completely. However, remeber the Steve Park accident years ago in the early laps of the race when he it the interior wall. My quesiton is, why didn't they do anything then? Did they decide to use all the money on the Solar Farm and create a greater inconvenience for the fans that used that parking lot for the past 5 years? I've always been nervous about Pocono losing a date especailly after CART pulled out years ago so nothing is set in stone as far as I am concerned. The Mattiolis need to improve the fan experience a bit and shorten the race to 400 miles to help attract more TV viewers that simply don't care for the race. Less views means less sponsors for the cars and more disgruntled fans on this website.

BTW, is the racing THAT bad at Pocono? The restarts are excellent and the passing along the backstretch and out of turn 2 is great not to mention the 4 wide racing from time to time on the frontstretch before turn 1. I must be biased in my opinion if everyone else is asleep.
did you watch the first 100+ laps? if that wasn't boring I don't know what is.
That is my problem I seldom actually sit in front of the tv to watch it or I will fall asleep. The sound of the tv boobs and the soothing sound of the engines lull me to sleep. So I watch the race via raceview, chat room and 3 scanners. There was a point though yesterday once PJ was done, that the scanners were quiet that I thought it boring.
TV coverage makes it boring. It's probably one of those tracks that best watch'd live. Network TV coverage per Na$craps direction has made all but the road courses a bore to me.
I've been there twice, the experience is always better live but the view isn't the best and it makes for a very long day. Now I spend my efforts going to Dover instead.

I'd like to go to Watkins Glen sometime, does any know what the view is like from the grandstands?
Mike , it's true that TV coverage makes this race boring . I watched the truck race on Sat.and it wasn't boring . I think it would help a whole lot if they shortened the race .
Sherri ,I agree the Truck race was entertaining.The Speed coverage seems better (dispite Darrel) maybe the Speed crew isn't so much under Na$crap thumb. And I prefer Rick Allen as host.
Mike , I think it's because the Truck series is the ugly stepchild of Nascar , and that makes it easier for Speed to do a better job of covering the races. =) I also prefer Rick Allen as host.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service