Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Pocono #2 cup race.PJ Jones will drive the #7 Speedfactory Toyota on Sunday. Please note, Robby Gordon will return next week at Watkins Glen. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Pennsylvania track.

FRIDAY , JULY 30th

Practice          12:00pm - 1:30pm/et   ( 45th Quickest )
 Qualifying         3:30pm - 5:30 pm/et   ( 42nd Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , JULY 31st

Practice            9:00am -  9:45 am/et   ( 43rd Quickest )
 Happy Hour      11:20am - 12:20 pm/et  ( 43rd Quickest )

SUNDAY , AUGUST 1st

Raceday           1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:18 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Pocono #2 Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Same as Indy/Orange
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Speedfactory.tv
                                                                            5) Will Robby run Nationwide at The Glen?
                                                                                No he won't. Montreal is the only NW race.

2009 Pocono #2 Images

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Problem with the Glen is preparation. If you didn't plan to run it, no matter how much money you throw at it won't help. You can do a last minute entry, but chances of winning would be miniscule. You don't just roll the car out and go. The cars today require parts and set ups that are unique to each track. If you didn't plan ahead and have all the parts on hand you may need for a particular track, then you may just be out of luck. Parts which are custom made cannot, no matter how much money you have, be machined and tested in a couple of days. So, you have to puchase a part that is "off the shelf" and hope it holds up. RGM would not do that, when road coarses are their best chances of winning.(I hope) Good finishes like Sonoma help to bring in the sponsor dollar that fuel the whole season, so every appearance has to be best possible.
I can't wait for Montreal either!!!
great post . They are prepared and focused on the cup race at The Glen , and are following the same model they had for Infineon (which resulted a top 5 ) . They tested for the Glen, and are making adjustments to the car as we speak. They will have the same agenda in place for the Montreal NW race.His funding is for the Montreal NW race,not for the NW Glen race.
cost for a nationwide race has to be close to a cup race, fuel, tires, rooms, food, ext. is close to the same cost.
Asked Robby last year at the trailer who was getting the hood off the Busch car and his answer was "That car is going to the Hard Rock just the way it is". Needless to say with so many few road races Busch style (NW for you who have moved on) the writing was on the wall even then. I'm still hoping.
$399,999 should do the trick.
Will PJ, practice any today?
one lap so far slow
He will run some laps, but dont expect him to burn up the charts.
I just looked on Nascar.com at the speed charts and said "Oh boy... TOG is probably preaching shaking down the car or he is race mode, etc!" Very disappointed to not see anything and the response you gave! Haha
I don't expect a lot of laps or burning up the charts, but I do wish he were faster than conway.
Sunday will be PJ's 30th career start.
in the wall...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service