Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Pocono #2 cup race.PJ Jones will drive the #7 Speedfactory Toyota on Sunday. Please note, Robby Gordon will return next week at Watkins Glen. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Pennsylvania track.

FRIDAY , JULY 30th

Practice          12:00pm - 1:30pm/et   ( 45th Quickest )
 Qualifying         3:30pm - 5:30 pm/et   ( 42nd Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , JULY 31st

Practice            9:00am -  9:45 am/et   ( 43rd Quickest )
 Happy Hour      11:20am - 12:20 pm/et  ( 43rd Quickest )

SUNDAY , AUGUST 1st

Raceday           1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:18 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Pocono #2 Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Same as Indy/Orange
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Speedfactory.tv
                                                                            5) Will Robby run Nationwide at The Glen?
                                                                                No he won't. Montreal is the only NW race.

2009 Pocono #2 Images

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mr.Nead didn't declare that as the problem earlier today Josh.
exactly. First Indy pitstop had nothing to do with it.
As disappointing as it is to see Gene go, I am excited for Miles Stanley. He is very smart and can provide good direction on race day.
here's to running 30 clean laps and parking it with a 40th place finish. i think rgm will finish in the top 35 in 2010
If Robby isn't racing at Pocono this weekend, what is he doing? Someone said he is doing the X Games, but I don't see him on the enty list at the X Games. Anyone know if he is racing anywhere, or just taking the weekend off?
maybe he will be on top of the pit box?? they have a vacant seat there
When you come to the track as bad as they have the last few weeks and no adjustability to the cars, someone has to go. You just can't keep going on and on coming to the track with a thirty something place car. RGM is wanting to build this team into a contender. I think Gene has done a good job in the past, but right now the team is at a crossroads. Keep trying to plug away or make some changes in hopes that someone will come in with the right attitude and knowledge to take this program to the next level
Road course set ups are in the book. Robby knows what he needs at a road course period. Intermediate tracks are where this team needs the most improvement. There are plenty of guys looking for a place to land when the mega teams start tightening the financial belts. Rumor has it the NW series is going to be pressed to even bring a full field in the coming months. Lots of potential CC's out there, just have to find the right match.
Take your time RGM and find the right guy.
On another note, I do think that the tire thing played into it. On Monday when you set down and once again Robby over-ruled Gene on taking on tires, that was just not good. Robby likes to make the calls, but when you look and listen to the scanner, when he lets a CC do their job, and just drives and gives feedback to the pit, his finishes are better.
Sorry Robby, got to let the guys do what they do best and you do what you do best! Gas on buddy!!!
1 word... disgusting
We .....yes"WE" lok lyle fools
Probably because the team can't afford another wrecked car. If it's gonna be a S&P race, Robby has to be frustrated PJ wrecked the primary. What should have been a "cost saving" weekend, will now cost RGM more than he planned. Looks like PJ didn't understand the weekend agenda. Robby's probably really frustrated...PJ wrecks car...Gene decides to leave...Watkins Glen can't get here quick enough.
3 in 3 weeks...imo RGM built cars seem like a real handfull 2 drive. RG can drive them cause he is in them week after week. not great finishes but not many piled up either just lots of wall stripes. When you start putting different drivers in them thats what you will get cars piled up....you can blame PJ for this and for that but i can pretty much guarantee that PJ had no intentions of wrecking the car.

Unless RG had prior commitments or something he should be in the car regarless if its a S&P or not.

as for Gene....oh well he left once you didn't really expect him not to leave again??
SPEED TV - Larry Mac & DW discussing RGM at Pocono. Both stated Robby Gordon will wait and see how happy hour goes to decide if he will leave PJ in the car for sunday or fly back and drive himself.

Both Larry Mac & DW said about the plans for RGM here at Pocono, "I just don't get it! Why would Robby not be here and drive himself. I know Robby runs good at road courses and has chosen to go test instead of being here, but I don't think it makes good sense."

The car was black (no decals yet). Car made no laps in early morning practice. Plans to only make a few laps in final practice.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service