Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Montreal 200 NW race.Robby Gordon will drive the #07 Mapei/Menards Toyota . Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Canada track.

SATURDAY , AUGUST 28th

Practice           9:00am - 11:00 am/et    ( 16th Quickest )
 Practice 2       11:30am - 12:50 pm/et    ( 8th  Quickest )
 Qualifying         5:00pm -  7:00 pm/et    ( 16th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SUNDAY , AUGUST 29th

Raceday           2:00 pm/et , greenflag at 2:30 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN2 )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Montreal 200 Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                2007 Montreal,2009 WGlen
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Mapei/Menards
                                                                            5) Will Robby run at Atlanta ?
                                                                                No. Robby will be in Crandon.

2007 Montreal Videos

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

flat spotting tires doesn't not eqaul brake duct falling off....What happened?
I believe the correct response to your question kurt is: shit happens
what happened? really. $hit happened then he flat spotted the tire....or....he flat spotted the tire and then Shit happened. Are the brake parts the $hit at happened? Who knows what happened? Lay it on me.

I'll be watching tomorrow to see RG pu on a clinic form the the back of the field....hopefully only good $hit happens.
I think this is good luck for Robby. Most likely he would have drove that hard in the race and tore out the brake duct. Now that it has happened in qualifying he knows what to expect from the car during the race running that hard. This happening in qualifying might be the best thing that could have happened.
My Wife was right.... That sucks..
Just watched qualifying on TV.

Yea, starting in the back sucks...but at least the car isn't on the way back to Charlotte.

Robby is incredibly lucky the left front tire held up. If it would have blown, no way he would have made the show.

Fix the car, work on some strategies, and play it out. CRAZY things happen at Montreal...
If Robby starts in the back, He'll be in P25 by lap15, P15 by lap25, and P10 by Lap 40. From there, it's going to be a good show. Good Luck Robby!
I saw that...thats where Miles' inexperience hurts. Most veteran crew chiefs would say "fix the car"...better to have a perfect car starting from the rear, that a "possible ticking time bomb" starting 16th... Indy was a good example of what bad can happen with a flat spotted tire. And missing pieces are never good for a race car.

You can't get taken out before teh first pit stop!
I am confident they will change their decision this morning. Unless NASCAR let them repair some stuff there is no way the brakes will last. They have enough brake issues with the blowers and hoses.
Zoom- Since you didnt see the car in person at the track & didnt hear their conversation, you cant make that statement.You,me & dupree have no idea what nascar told them they could or could not do at that time last night.As for today,they are fixing the car as we speak & RG will start from the back.
Just tweeted starting in the back.
I do not know the answer to this, but if you start in the back are you allowed to do anything you want when you work on the car? If so I would fix the brake duct, change tires and add fuel. I am sure NASCAR would not be happ y. I wonder if the brake duct escaping was simply someone not doing the job correctly when prepping the car for qualifying. Robby said they changed pads for quallifying.
If you start 16th you could pit under yellow and probably get a bead blower on and brake duct etc., but you would end up in the back anyway. Fix it and do not panic getting to the front. There will be yellows and 25 cars he can pass in his sleep.

matt

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service