Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Montreal 200 NW race.Robby Gordon will drive the #07 Mapei/Menards Toyota . Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Canada track.

SATURDAY , AUGUST 28th

Practice           9:00am - 11:00 am/et    ( 16th Quickest )
 Practice 2       11:30am - 12:50 pm/et    ( 8th  Quickest )
 Qualifying         5:00pm -  7:00 pm/et    ( 16th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SUNDAY , AUGUST 29th

Raceday           2:00 pm/et , greenflag at 2:30 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN2 )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Montreal 200 Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                2007 Montreal,2009 WGlen
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Mapei/Menards
                                                                            5) Will Robby run at Atlanta ?
                                                                                No. Robby will be in Crandon.

2007 Montreal Videos

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably....
Well, its been all week and no winners with the correct answer (that I noticed). For the record, I was betting on you, Gray. Only chance to beat Edwards: Pit under green with 15-16 laps to go. Only 3 cars were in contention. Said, Papas were 25-30 seconds back, rest of lead lap was 40-50 seconds back. Robby comes out 8-10th, 45-50 seconds back, gaining 2-3 seconds/lap on poor drivers, crippled cars, old tires, Drives back to 5th when inevitable caution comes out. (lots of posts re: poor drivers, use up old Nwide cars, lots of ringers, very few racing for points, etc.) NOW they're screwed. Edwards, JV, Papis, Said can stay out on full fuel run tires and be sitting ducks, or pit and start behind Robby. Game over. Only way to counter this strategy is for Edwards to see RG pit and pit under green to answer back, then Edwards wins... Oh wait, track bar, RG wins anyway! Simple. Game over! Any of the top cup crews would have seen this because they have people paying attention to the race! Okay... I feel better, good luck in Crandon.
So, how many times has Robby gambled on fuel and lost? It's like a broken record and I called it when he stayed out and the 32 pitted. Twice I have 'loaned' his guys fuel in Baja as they were roaming the pits asking everyone for a little gas to get him to the finish line. One of those times my brother made the comment that it was too bad we weren't at Indy that year. snafu seems to be the right word.

Bottom line, Robby is Robby and he seems to enjoy pushing his luck. I am still a fan, just used to the decisions that look pretty stupid from my couch.
If he pits , he loses. He didnt go there to finish 5th. why are people having a hard time with this ? HE HAD ENOUGH FUEL to go the 'scheduled' distance.20 seconds away from that happening. This shit is so damn easy after the fact.
I feel the same way TOG. Why race 1 nationwide race a year and play it safe for a top 5? He was there for a win and thats it. If he had to do it 100 times over he would have chose the same thing everytime and it is the right decision.
Nobody can say what would have happened for sure. The 32 got to 4th place and Robby is a lot better driver. Robby could easily have been in 3rd with 3 laps to go. The ONLY thing I can guarantee you is I would have been standing up in my living room screaming for Robby to pass people and win instead of sitting there knowing he was screwed....again.

Don't take me too seriously, I realize it's easy to make calls after the fact from my couch. I am a diehard fan and have been since his hay hauler days. I really hope the Mapei/Menards folks feel like they got their monies worth and want to do it again. I would love to see Robby run this race again next year.
Yes TOG
The reaction to this race is crazzzy. We wanted Robby to win, but let's all move on. Those who have been following Robby for years, remember Indy. He moved on, it's time all of us get into racin' mode again!!
john, I definetly think mapei and menards got a good value for their money. I actually had someone ask me at the race (they saw my RGM shirt) what mapei was.. when a car runs towards the front and does some interesting pit strategies, people do notice!
i guess we will find out if they come back with RG in 2011

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service