Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Michigan 400 race.Robby
Gordon returns to race the #7 Speedfactory.tv Toyota on Sunday. Please note, Robby is LOCKED IN the top 35, so the team can focus on racetrim.A good finish is needed this weekend.Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Michigan track.

FRIDAY , JUNE 11th

Practice          11:30am - 1:00 pm/et   ( 25th Quickest )
 Qualifying         3:10pm - 5:30 pm/et   ( 20th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , JUNE 12th

Practice          11:00am - 11:45 am/et  ( 34th Quickest )
 Happy Hour     12:20pm -  1:20 pm/et   ( 33rd Quickest )

SUNDAY , JUNE 13th

Raceday           1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:16 pm/et  ( TV - TNT )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Michigan 400 Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Old Reliable New
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Gene Nead - Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Speedfactory.tv
                                                                            5) When Is Monster back ?
                                                                                Next week at Infineon

2009 Michigan Images

Views: 176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Scanner replay may not be approved by the 'Don't ask, don't tell' crowd.
just the racing parts will be replayed...lol.....
33rd. .not good..
Ole reliable chassis still needs a bit of tweaking.

Lets set our sights high for next week

Top five or bust!!
I'm guessing its was weight bias issue today.That would mostly be a set-up issue.
If you have a multi car team, you can test different bias,camber,caster,wedge,springs,sway bars fr/rr,ackerman,toe settings fr/rr.rear camber,steer box ratio,roll centers fr/rr,ride height,ect. All these things plus other things(any one of them) that is off,can negatively skew your results just in single car practice.Much less racing it.
Did you all hear Denny Hamlin's interview this morning?Goodyear showed up with tires with reduced stagger (.9in) ,so if you set-up the car in the shop for 1.2in of stagger and get .9 it changes wedge,roll centers,spring split,ride heights,ect.
TOG, I would like to know what things they were working on at VR to get side bite?
On to Sears
Oh don't forget bump steer and god forbid a component rub and thats mostly front end stuff.!
On to shocks, fronts are a science of their own.Bump stops are a different issue. Let's talk about rear shocks.
In my opinion,last week Ted miss the show because one or both of the rear shocks had a couple of sweeps to much rebound dampening.
Example- Ted hit the 'patch' on entry to turn three ( the 'patch' may have a smoother edge on some portion of the 'patch' ) the car was unsettled when Ted got back to the gas.The rear tire/s weren't under it yet.Ted get slideways as he got bad to the gas.
Or the rear shock/s had to much high speed compression dampening,causing the rear of the car to buck.
I'm still think'n to much rebound. I don't like a ton of rebound.
Remember shocks are a timing devise,they control the time to takes to transfer weight (static or dynamic )

As you can see any number of things can and will affect a day at the races. And unlike a video game,there is no RESET button!
Mike- the upcoming speedfactory.tv episode that centers around VIR testing will showcase some of the things that were being worked on, as well as a detailed interview from Robby about the test. Either the Monday or Friday episode.
Thanks,TOG
just wondering, but what happened with the car today? only caught a few laps and with 44 laps to go, robby was running 27th a lap down and noticed that he finished 33rd. didn't know if he had a bad car or problems at the end of the race?
As memory serves, car started out tight,adjusted,vibration,loose,adjusted back,towards the end got a set of tires that where very,very,very tight.mostly green flag stops,very few cautions (3 maybe)
What I noticed was the lap times and speed, Robby was running some top 10 numbers for a lot of the race.......Great job I think. Finish may not show it but the numbers were there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service