Just a heads up that today ( 2-4-10 ) is media day at Daytona Speedway, and Robby Gordon will be there. There is also a live feed via nascar.com , however there is no guarantee if and when Robby Gordon will be shown, so stay tuned !

UPDATE:

here is the MP3 for Robby Gordon from Media Day

Views: 119

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two words Beagle juice....NO TA TA'S Thats Three!..... O' Well
@ Thomas Hitch

We'll see....however the general consensus in the garage area is Sam is clueless and Juan is one of the top 5 best drivers in the series and far and away the best open wheel convert since Tony Stewart.
is the media day replay up yet?
A little F M kill nice a howard fan LOL
ROBBY GORDON, No. 7 Monster Energy Drink Toyota Camry, Robby Gordon Motorsports

How do you feel about this year’s Daytona 500?

"I think we’re in pretty good shape. We’ve worked really hard over the winter. The Daytona 500 didn’t start in January, it didn’t start in December, it started the first week of November -- you better be preparing for the Daytona 500. So we started our preparation way back in November. We’ve been basically flying under the radar. Nobody really knows what we’ve been doing, but we are as well prepared or better prepared then I’ve ever showed up to the Daytona 500."
What are your plans for this year? "I can’t spell you out my plans yet. Next Friday I have another announcement that’s coming. But, right now we have two cars here at Daytona. One being the Monster Energy car and one being a Warner Music car. Both of these cars are identical race cars. David (Gilliland) is driving one of them. We’ve basically been silent. I go away and take off and do my Dakar (Rally) deal in December. My guys have put their heads down and built us race cars that I have not ever had in my facility before. I encourage you to walk by and take a look at the garage area and look under the hood of these cars because they’re not stock cars. These things are full blown Formula 1 cars, Indy cars or COT cars with a COT body on top of it. This is the best piece of machinery that we’ve ever brought to the race track, so I’m excited about it."

Are you going to run every Sprint Cup Series race? "The 7 car will run every race, but I might not be in it. We’ve got some big stuff coming up next week that we’re going to talk about. We’ve got a lot of good stuff on our plate. I’d rather be in this position than the other position wondering what I’m going to do. I think we’re just going to end up having more stuff than I can actually fit in in a single season."

Will you run two cars the entire season with your team and BAM Racing? "That is yet to be determined on how many races we will run two. Right now, we’re in a ramp up time. Daytona was hard on us. I didn’t want to come to Daytona with two race teams and backup cars that we could roll out of the trailer and maybe in a few hours get them bolted together. We came here with four race cars finished. Hit the button, they’ll start up and hit the race track. We’ve made this mistake before and to not carry good capable backup cars on the trailer drives me crazy. So, I wasn’t going to take on the project unless we could actually put four cars in the trailer and hit the race track here at Daytona. Obviously, we picked the two that we feel are the best two cars. The best two cars might be in the trailer but I hope they don’t get out of the trailer. At the same time, though, they’re finished. And when I mean they’re finished, contingency decals, drivers sat in both of them -- I’ve been in my car. David Gilliland has been in his car. He’s driven it around the parking lot at the shop. All of the cars have been on the chassis dyno. All the seat belts are set. Rearview mirrors are done. Literally it’s as fast as NASCAR will allow us to hit the track which is probably 15 minutes and we could have our backup cars on the track as well. That was really our goal. Like I said, we’ve kind of been silent all winter long. Nobody really knows what we’ve been doing except for the Dakar program and the NASCAR team hasn’t got a lot of attention. And I’m fine with that. I think the most important thing is we come down here and we’re fast."

Who provides your engines? "Triad (Racing Technologies) is doing the motors, which obviously has a direct relationship with TRD. They built great engines for us last year. I enjoy my Toyota relationship. It’s been good. That one goes back -- I've had Toyota relationships for 21 years now back when I won the 1989 Mickey Thompson off-road championship driving a Toyota. It’s funny that some of the same guys are there. Lee White (president and general manager, Toyota Racing Development) was my team manager when I actually left Toyota and went and drove for Jack Roush in the IMSA Series. Les Unger (national motorsports marketing manager, Toyota Motor Sales) has been around there for 21 years that I’m aware of and we’ve got good relationships there."
AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting Zoom, some of us couldn't listen live and waiting to hear something that would give us hope for this season. I'm even more excited now for Daytona. Anybody know when and where he'll be making his announcement Friday? A few of us from the Planet will be there and would LOVE to hear him in person!
Awesome! I just hope everything is "legal" with the cars he's bringing to Daytona per NASCAR rules and regs. Interesting comment about the Formula 1 and Indy or COT Car with a COT body.
Robby's suggestion the media look under the hood is the direct opposite of what most teams are like. They usually are ultra paranoid and do not like cameras looking in on the engines. The engine guys at Hendrick and gibbs are particularly paranoid.
I'm saving this as another favorite Robby quote of mine

"I encourage you to walk by and take a look at the garage area and look under the hood of these cars because they’re not stock cars. These things are full blown Formula 1 cars, Indy cars or COT cars with a COT body on top of it. This is the best piece of machinery that we’ve ever brought to the race track, so I’m excited about it."
Man, I'm so jacked up, with the Siant's in the Super Bowl and to read this about Robby's car, man I'm JACKED.....
mp3 for media day has been added to the above message body. will be added to the player later.
So what is the big announcement next week?????

I what good to hear that the 7 has full sponsership from the clip. So who is the backup driver when Robby is away?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service