Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Daytona 400 cup race.Robby Gordon returns to the #7 Speedfactory Toyota.This weekend is an IMPOUND race, so the schedule is somewhat different.Here is schedule for RGM at the Florida track.

THURSDAY , JULY 1st

Practice            4:00pm - 5:20 pm/et   ( 19th Quickest )
 Practice 2         6:35pm - 8:00 pm/et   (   1st Quickest  )

Practice Live Leaderboard

FRIDAY , JULY 2nd

Qualifying          4:00pm -  6:30 pm/et   ( Starts 32nd )

SATURDAY , JULY 3rd

Raceday           7:00 pm/et , greenflag at 7:49 pm/et  ( TV - TNT )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Daytona 400 Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Dega 2010 Plate
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Gene Nead - Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Speedfactory.tv
                                                                            5) Will the top 5 return next week?
                                                                                Yes it will.

2009 Daytona Images

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

good job RGM!
And..yes, I had a four leafer marked again for those who know.
Great finish Robby! Been a good few weeks. Keep going man!
I live in Jacksonville FL and attended the race. Got home at 3:30AM. A great time! Listened on and off to RGs in car communications. RG was complaining about his car, I think he was calling it the "packing"? Remove some "packing"? I am worn out tired. But it seemed like this "packing" was behind the tires? RG was really PO'd at his pit crew during one stop, when one crew member removed a windshield tear off, and during the SAME pit stop, another crew member removed ANOTHER tear-off! But he calmed down. He looked to be in a good position to finish better, but on the GWC, it seemed like the car right in front on him (#34?) got a bad re-start. RG radio comment right after the race was "damn-it". To me, RG had a 34th place car that he drove to a great 12th place finish! What is this "packing" stuff he was complaining about?
GO ROBBY!
Aside from the 5 or 6 cars that had no damage, there were about 37 crew chiefs & drivers who were pissed off at one point or another last night.

Plate racing at it's finest !
spring or a shock packer

small pieces of rubber or plastic
Larry, my guess is you heard "packer", which is a reference to a shock packer. Packers are rubber bumpers like the chassis bump stops. They go around the shock shaft and limit travel. Different height packers will allow the team to tune how close to the pavement the splitter rides. You can run different combinations of height and durometer bump stops and packers to give some progressiveness and to tune the way the chassis compresses.
They should auction off that unused tear-off to PR fans..
They are running Hendricks #48.....I knew the chassis section of the Top 5 FAQ was a waste of time....sheesh...

FYI- they ALWAYS look to improve on the chassis after each and every race, regardless if it finishes 1st or 43rd...The road car , even though it finished 2nd , will test again, and get improved on. It's always an ongoing process...watch speedfactory...very insightful..
I'd kinda be interested in running the Childress #29 also at this point as well.....

;)
Dont take it personally, Tog

Enjoy your Independence Day!
I just dont want to waste my time with stuff that isnt getting looked at

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service