2010 Darlington Southern 500 Race Weekend Info & Discussion

Join in here and discuss all the practice & race action for the 2010 Darlington Southern 500. Robby Gordon will be running the #7 Warner Music / James Otto & Whitney Duncan Toyota. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the South Carolina track.

FRIDAY , May 7th

Practice        11:30am - 1:00 pm/et    ( 45th Quickest )
 Happy Hour         1:30 - 3:00 pm/et    ( 42nd Quickest )
 Qualifying            5:10 - 7:00 pm/et    ( Starting 26th )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , May 8th

Raceday           7:00 pm/et ,  green flag at 7:46 pm/et   ( Finished 38th )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & position updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Darlington Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                New
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Larry Carter - Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Warner Music
                                                                            5) What if Robby scrapes the wall ? Panic ?
                                                                               Nope. It's Darlington.Panic if he doesn't.

2009 Darlington Images

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just dont understand his struggles. It is like he forgot how to drive. That, or the equipment Hendrick brings to the table just does not suit his driving style.

Its popular to say he just is not a good driver, but to me a bad driver does not win 18 Cup series races, period. I wouldnt consider myself a fan of his, but wow is it annoying listening to "experts" question his skill. I would love to see him at RCR, along with a certain other former RCR driver...
I think it is the COT, plain and simple. I don't think it suits Dale Jr.'s driving style.
#3 in a collaborative effort initiated by JR Motorsports with Richard Childress Racing and Dale Earnhardt Inc., Hendricks will only supply the engine.

I think Junior's struggles are chemistry related. The DEI (Now EGR) cars have been solid even after Jr left. This has played out many times in Nascar history where a great driver, crew chief & team are together and have bad results for whatever reason. It will happen again with someone else too.

Frustration can only last so long until it reaches a breaking point, RCR is running good and so is the other Hendrick cars...change will happen...when is the question?
LOL! Well at least we should have our car in one piece...cant say that for a lot of these guys...lol
Robby goes out 23rd in qualifying.
wow. they are wrecking right and left.
that they are...ROOTs everywhere (Running Out Of Talent)
Who all has wrecked so far? For those of us with no way of knowing besides Planet Robby.
RG has yet to make a mock Q run.
So if you go to a backup car, you start in the back regardless of your q run, right? All the guys in backup cars would only qualify for the pit stall choice. Is that worth getting in the wall again for?

So RGM strategy is to not run practice laps, so not hit the wall, and end up starting in front by process of elimination, right?
not sure, because they are all wrecking BEFORE qualifying. Guess they all get to keep their spots ??
unless it's modified for left turns only, it would knock the fence down with the front end.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service