2010 Darlington Southern 500 Race Weekend Info & Discussion

Join in here and discuss all the practice & race action for the 2010 Darlington Southern 500. Robby Gordon will be running the #7 Warner Music / James Otto & Whitney Duncan Toyota. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the South Carolina track.

FRIDAY , May 7th

Practice        11:30am - 1:00 pm/et    ( 45th Quickest )
 Happy Hour         1:30 - 3:00 pm/et    ( 42nd Quickest )
 Qualifying            5:10 - 7:00 pm/et    ( Starting 26th )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , May 8th

Raceday           7:00 pm/et ,  green flag at 7:46 pm/et   ( Finished 38th )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & position updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Darlington Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                New
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Larry Carter - Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Warner Music
                                                                            5) What if Robby scrapes the wall ? Panic ?
                                                                               Nope. It's Darlington.Panic if he doesn't.

2009 Darlington Images

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robby was waiting to pit until he was no longer the first car in the lucky dog position , and it was a perfect strategy. He was still a few laps from his pit window, so they made the correct call. The slow down to get into pit entrance & then missing pitroad is where he lost all the time ( and a 16 sec pitstop to boot ) If he pitted 10 laps earlier , & then the caution comes out , you would have been cussing that he pitted too soon.
The only possible gamble I recall was the call to stay out and lead a lap when they were already the last car on the lead lap.

Overall the night was a shame. Robby's car was real good on long runs. Should have had a top 20. Oh well, on to Dover. Watchout out for the Flying Logano!
If the engine didnt go south and we finish the reace, we come home with a 20-25th place finish...

Given the 33rd and 35th place finishes of the 37 and 38, that enginee left ALOT of Owners points cushion on the table unfortunately...
I miss'd the post DNF info, I thought it was a punctured radiator that caused high engine temps than failure?
Honest question
yes, it was a radiator leak that cooked the motor
Thank you
it was definitely good on long runs....and with the series of rather quick cautions, they tinkered with it a lot...and they went from being to loose to too tight...so they were accomplishig what they were attempting to do...

without the radiator/engine getting cooked, probably had a 20-25th place finish...if you believe in the fallacy of the predetermined outcome...lol
Lesson that some longtime fans seem to forget that were mentioned last night. When a car is in TRAFFIC, or making a PASS, the lap time will be SLOWER than the previous lap time.
TOG files this away for the FAQ next year,,

163-167 = very good lap times

160-162 = ok lap time probably in Traffic

154-157 = smacked the wall....lol...with a 5 second delay F bomb on Scanner that Robby hit the wall..
The car was good on long runs. Very good actually. Rob drove away from vickers and jeff gordon on the first long green stint. Told my buddies look at the 7 drive away from the leaders. Then my buddy says that means she is about to blow with robbys luck how lil did I know he would be right
bummer night, wasnt able to see what happened to RG, but on to next week.
MAking the 600 is the goal id say
And since it appears that I have brought bad luck by attending Daytona, Atlanta, and Darlington races this year, take heart that we are not going to Dover or the 600 :-)

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service