Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Bristol 500 #2 race.RGM will run 2 cars again this weekend.Kevin Conway will pilot the #7 & Robby will drive the #07.Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Tennessee track.

FRIDAY , AUGUST 20th

Practice          12:00pm - 2:00 pm/et   ( RG - 2nd, KC - 48th )
 Happy Hour       2:45pm - 3:30 pm/et   ( RG - 28th, KC - 48th )

Qualifying          5:40pm - 7:00 pm/et   ( RG - 37th, KC - 40th )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , AUGUST 21st

RACEDAY         7:00pm/et  Green flag 7:43pm/et ( TV - ABC )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Views: 249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

for the last 2 years, I change the header on this website to go along with what race is next for RG. I am going to stick to how I have been doing it: One week at a time.
P.S., it's the #07 in Montreal.
yup.
I agree and understand all the financial aspects involved. Just might want to delete that Speedfactory episode bashing the hell out of Conway and Extenze.
the sky is adjustable for most
A bold statement, but it's hard not to agree with some of it. While a legitimate point can be made that "it's all business", when you think about what people here would have said several months ago, if it had been suggested that the best thing for RGM would be for Robby drop out of the #7, and give the ride to KC instead.... I suspect we all have a pretty good idea how that idea would have been received.

While one has to admire the creative financial aspects of the thing, coming to terms with the fact that Robby is no longer in the #7, but is starting and parking instead, is still pretty hard to feel good about.

I can congratulate Robby the Businessman, but can only hope and pray that it leads to the return of Robby the Driver, full time in NASCAR.
I politely disagree. If this team becomes a full time start and parker, how can anyone cheer for them? Sure, I'll still root for Robby in off road events or (praying) IndyCar events. Start and park, no matter how you spin it, is not racing.
As I have said before, this is a temporary road block for RG. Next year when he only runs in 10-15 full cup races, whats the big deal if he decides to s&p a few races that he hadn't planned on running ? Lost in all this is Robby & his NEW crew chief Miles Stanley are gathering useful information during these S&P races that CAN & WILL be applied to future races that will be run as full races. You cant gain data by having the cars sit in the shop.They learned stuff last night in the limited time they did run.

I think of them as paid test sessions for Robby.
Hopefully, while we all would rather see Robby racing the wheels off the 7 car every week, this strategy may help them to survive into 2011. Getting a cash infusion into RGM and some secure sponsorship for the future is what they need to concentrate on now while doing what they can to stay in the top 35. Besides, you can cheer for Robby the team owner who is working his butt off to stay afloat and be a competitive team, and for Robby's driver (if Conway stays on for the rest of the season) and hope that maybe Extenze will sponsor a car for Conway with RGM next year. There will be others who will want that sponsorship (like maybe RPM) and the small teams who struggle week in and week out. So let's support this and hope it lasts for a while - so we can see both Robby and his driver out there each week next year. In the meantime, we have a lot of other cheering to do for Robby the driver: Montreal, Crandon, Primm, Dakar, etc.

Both Conway and Robby got some nice applause last night from the Bristol crowd - so there are supporters; it was nice to hear and great to see the 2 Speedfactory cars.
Why? If you think about it, Conway and Extenze got the last laugh.
Maybe for next year,if RGM is able to retain Conway,then hookup with Front Row Joe as a third team ,they could get a quantity discount from TRIAD!! Yes TOG ,I am serious.
LOL..

BTW I wear my Triad hat proudly.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service