Join in and discuss all the action from Watkins Glen right here. Robby will run BOTH races this weekend, as well as having PJ Jones in the #04. Weekend schedule as follows:

FRIDAY , 8-7-09

11:45am - 1:20pm NSCS Practice ( Ended up 15th quickest )

1:30pm – 3:00pm NNS Practice ( Ended up 2nd quickest )

3:10pm NSCS Qualifying ( Starts 22nd )

5:30pm NNS Final Practice (ended up 3rd )

SATURDAY , 8-8-09

10:10am NNS Qualifying ( Qualified 3rd quickest )

12:00pm – 12:45pm NSCS Practice ( Ended up 35th quickest )

1:20pm – 2:20pm NSCS Final Practice ( ended up 16th quickest )

2:30pm NNS Driver Introduction

3:00pm NNS RACE – Zippo 200 ( Finished 14th )

SUNDAY 8-9-09

1:30pm NSCS Driver Introduction (ESPN)

2:00pm NSCS Race – Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen ( Finished 18th )

Views: 295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can think of at least 25 smart-allecky things to say about being in 33rd, but I'll just let it go.
THE SEASON IS SAVED!!!

Is this driver points or owner? Because you know Waltrip has sat out of two races, so taking two extra races to pass him in driver points really isn't anything to brag about.
yeah, these POS comparisons are just plain stupid. I wish RG never even said that.
I don't mind that he said. It was fucking funny.

But it's downright sad how some people here cling to it. Its sad when the think a 38th place race finish is good, so long as Waltrip was worse. Or that 33rd in points is awesome, so long as Waltrip is worse.

The drivers move on, they HAVE to. Its not just Waltrip that they cling to for hate. Ambrose, Kurt, etc....sometimes its just hilarious...
Proud of Robby and the guys today. It was not what anyone hoped for but to come back from 2 laps down and finish 18th....I'm proud of the fortitude of Robby and all the guys. Way to not give up when the going got tough.
Robby handled himself very well today, and the spotters all did a great job, under the circumstances.

Baja Bob did a fantastic and informative job spotting.
Nothing, but advertising another drivers website , triggers the filter
Planet: you gotta luv it! If RG doesn't win as least he makes a statement with the weekend. Most of us just held our breath on Saturday hoping NASCAR wouldn't toss him for Sunday. I'm telling you....RG is full of piss and vinegar! We got a couple weekends of "good-ol-don't-F-with-me" RG racing. Heart-breaking we didn't get any wins, but it sure was interesting. I missed most of the race today....caught the big wreck on a lay-over in the Pheonix terminal, and just catching up with the Planet after landing now and a couple G&Ts at DFW. I'm still laughing my LMAO with DD's comments at the beginning of the race! People in this bar ar watching me laugh at my laptop.....oh well....they'll never understand....they are not Robby fans! I'M DAMN PROUD TO BE A ROBBY FAN! The guy just plain puts on a good show!.......even if even sometimes Fs himself. Racing against those mega teams on his buget must be miserable. Hang in there Robby and keep plugging! Fellow Planet members: keep it up. Robby has got great fans! At least Robby knows he doesn't have any fair weather fans!
JJ did it last week at Pocono and Robby's team proved that they can overcome adversity just as well given the chance. The team caught a break at the right time and they salvaged a top 20. It wasn't a great day when you look at the results, but it was a great day for the team. This was almost as good as a top 10 or top 5 and could lead to better days ahead as a team more top 10 finishes.

By the way, I had no idea that the Nationwide car and Cup car had the same power steering pump. I thought Robby was going to blow a fuse when the caution came out and they didn't have the PS pump from his Nationwide car in the pit and ready to go. This was about as irrate as Robby was all day long. "I told you guys to get it 5 laps ago!"

Great Day!
Isn't it the CC's job to make sure the parts are there.... Oh he was too busy driving...LOL

Orrrrrr the part was there and Kirk just told him they weren't hoping for a caution.
While I do agree that it took a long time to get the part off the Nationwide car. They did have a power steering pump on the pit box but Robby wanted the one of the other car. What Kirk needed to do was so no we are putting this one on, now drive the damn car. What Robby needs to do is get someone he trusts to manage the team and then he needs to just oversee the whole thing and drive the car. He is too involved in the day to day operations.
What's the highest points standing RG has had since starting his own team?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service