Join in and discuss all the action from Watkins Glen right here. Robby will run BOTH races this weekend, as well as having PJ Jones in the #04. Weekend schedule as follows:

FRIDAY , 8-7-09

11:45am - 1:20pm NSCS Practice ( Ended up 15th quickest )

1:30pm – 3:00pm NNS Practice ( Ended up 2nd quickest )

3:10pm NSCS Qualifying ( Starts 22nd )

5:30pm NNS Final Practice (ended up 3rd )

SATURDAY , 8-8-09

10:10am NNS Qualifying ( Qualified 3rd quickest )

12:00pm – 12:45pm NSCS Practice ( Ended up 35th quickest )

1:20pm – 2:20pm NSCS Final Practice ( ended up 16th quickest )

2:30pm NNS Driver Introduction

3:00pm NNS RACE – Zippo 200 ( Finished 14th )

SUNDAY 8-9-09

1:30pm NSCS Driver Introduction (ESPN)

2:00pm NSCS Race – Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen ( Finished 18th )

Views: 295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice picture of Robby on Nascar.com right now for NNS qualifying.
Way to go Robby!! I love that purple car!
fantastic lap by Robby in qualifying. He will have the lead after lap 2.
He's going to have his hands full trying to get around Ambrose though.
Now that Simo didn't get in the race they need to put him in the 04...he's a lot faster then PJ.
Seems to me that Pj is faster than Simo, since Simo failed to qualify.
geez.. nothing like slamming something some meaningless facts in someones face!!! LOL..

just being sarcastic...lol
Robby's interview after qualifying cracked me up, he still claims he won Montreal. Man this needs to be dropped, let's face it if he had more wins nobody would even talk about Montreal, so by hanging on to it is really sad and asinine.

Even as a big Robby fan there's no way I'll ever EVER accept that as a win, Robby lost, Ambrose lost, Harvick won. MOVE ON ROBBY.
move on??? aww hell.. i agree with Robby.. he won that race.. just didn't get the trophy for it...lol
Simo was in a shit car!
He has a good chance. Here and Sears Point are the only two races he can give himself a good chance at a win. Ambrose has the best car this weekend. He has to run in to trouble for anybody else to win either race this weekend.
I agree. The busch car looks quick and more importantly composed. I like how Robby plugged triad during the qualifying interview.

As far as cup is concerned, I agree things might a bit more of a struggle. Just remember, it's a brand new car for this year and it will have teething issues. The car simo helped design back in 2000 needed 3 years and the support of rcr to reach victory lane. I still think a top 5 is doable if he keeps the fenders on the car and stays calm.

In regards to rgm as a whole, from an engineering standpoint and witnessing the cars behavior live at Chicago and Indy, i think they might be building cars that are "too technical.". They seem to fall in and out of balance with the littlest change, or sometimes with no change at all. I'm not saying I have the answer, just observations. I do think the team is heading in the right direction with in house chassis, triad support, and focusing on where they can do the most damage.

Hopefully rgm surprises the nay Sayers tomorrow.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service