Join in and discuss all the action from Watkins Glen right here. Robby will run BOTH races this weekend, as well as having PJ Jones in the #04. Weekend schedule as follows:

FRIDAY , 8-7-09

11:45am - 1:20pm NSCS Practice ( Ended up 15th quickest )

1:30pm – 3:00pm NNS Practice ( Ended up 2nd quickest )

3:10pm NSCS Qualifying ( Starts 22nd )

5:30pm NNS Final Practice (ended up 3rd )

SATURDAY , 8-8-09

10:10am NNS Qualifying ( Qualified 3rd quickest )

12:00pm – 12:45pm NSCS Practice ( Ended up 35th quickest )

1:20pm – 2:20pm NSCS Final Practice ( ended up 16th quickest )

2:30pm NNS Driver Introduction

3:00pm NNS RACE – Zippo 200 ( Finished 14th )

SUNDAY 8-9-09

1:30pm NSCS Driver Introduction (ESPN)

2:00pm NSCS Race – Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen ( Finished 18th )

Views: 295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We can easily win this thing from 22nd. Where did we start in Sonoma? Uhmm 22nd? and but for an ill timed caution or if we had pitted one lap sooner would we not have been racing for the win with Stewart and Kahne?
And the Glen is MUCH easier to pass than Sears Point.

All the gloom and doomers after quals need to get a grip. This isn;t freakign F1. If we believed your line of reasoning\thinking then David Sremme is a fucking awesome road racer and has a great shot at winning. The COT has changed things...and these ham and eggers can turn one fast lap...but we'll be P10 or better after the first pit stop...

Also, does anyone here seriously think Jeff Gordon will not be in the mix of this thing at some point? Or does his starting spot guarantee him a crappy finish too?

Granted I'd love to see a pole or top 5 start to make things easier...but P22 isn't a death sentence. And the times for many cars were WAY off..where a few cars seemed to hit it..never seen a qual session where the practice were so much faster overall for almost eveyrone than their Q times.

If we're at the bottom of the pracitce charts tomorrow...then fire up the white flags..until then.. sack up
Remind me where he finished....
Yes, you are only as good as your last race. This has always been the code in racing. And always will be.
He will pass em. I am going to enjoy the race, as will all the other RG fan base, even if they don't admit it.
the road races are the best regardless of who is in the field...
I also recall a 5th place finish in 2007 with the COT after starting 29th due to rained out quals...hmmmm with DF restarts and 7 spots better than htat...perhaps we can win?
Nah... TOG close up the shop..pull the plug on the website...stick a fork in us..we're done..last one out turn out the lights...lmao
Anyone know why PlanetTony is not responding tonight?
No kidding. They still have 3 chances to get this car dialed in, two practices and the race. Chill out dudes!
Robby's practice and qualifying reports are now available on the main page.

At least you throw the dog a bone every now and then , RGFAN.
No excuses. Just want to see Robby do well. Has he fucked up some races? Of course. Has he had some shitty luck? Most certainly. Can he still win races with his own equipment? I think so, so I'll watch and hope he does. Sure, I'll bitch about some things I think he should do differently, or about times I think he's been a real bonehead. But going in to a race I'd rather take the optomistic point of view.

Call me a rah-rah fan then, I really don't give a shit.
RGfan - ?? Huh ??

My comment to you was a COMPLIMENT ... Meaning, you throw your digs in, but at least you throw a bone ( aka props ) to RG when he does things good, whereas others enter cricket mode.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service