Join in here and discuss all the weekend action from Talladega. Robby Gordon will be running the #7 Jim Beam/Coburns Toyota. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Alabama track.

FRIDAY , OCTOBER 30th

Practice 2:00 - 3:15 pm/et 7th quickest
Happy Hour 4:00 - 5:00 pm/et 20th quickest

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31st

Qualifying 12:00 pm/et CANCELLED - Starting 34th

*** IMPOUND AFTER QUALIFYING ***

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1st

Pre-race at 12:00 pm/et TV - ABC
Green Flag 1:19 pm/et TV - ABC

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available,as well as live twitter feeds from the track.

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know about anybody else, but I would rather see Robby lead laps and stay up front only to wreck rather than him race 32nd all day and come home with a clean car. 32nd place doesn't justify the way he raced all race long, bummer he had to wreck but I was thrilled to see him lead laps and be a contender.
That is true. I was very excited to see him race the way he did today. To see him legitimately lead laps was really cool.
I re-listened to the scanner. Robby was worried because the fuel pressure was below 2 lbs everywhere on the track.I have no idea how many laps 2 lbs of pressure/fumes can take you,but RG thought it wasnt enough.Looks like a damned if you do,damned if you dont situation.Regardless of the CC telling him to stay out, RG is the one with the gauges. I was hoping he would have gambled and stayed out,and if you run out, you run out. Had there been no wreck, there still would have been 2.66 miles of racing left,and RG might have salvaged a good finish with others dropping out. The car was awesome, and RG did the opposite of what everybody thought he was going to do today and raced in the front. It was great to see that strategy instead of running in the back to avoid stuff. We all wish he would have stayed out, but if he stayed out when he was worried about only 2lbs of fuel pressure, then he runs out, folks would have been mad he didnt pit when he could have. Good to see a stout plate car again from RGM, and with Daytona looming around the corner,its a good sign for 2010.
Regardless of how Rob does at these tracks, I usually have a headache afterwards because every lap is potential disaster and it's usually feast or famine. No in between finishes with Rob. A top 10 or he's in the grass.

I would assume Rob would feel good going to these upcoming intermediate tracks - assuming they can do what they did in Atlanta but perhaps close the deal on a top 10.
No rideing around the back to day really the only time this year I was off the couch screaming go go go!
According to the scanner, RG was at 6lbs of fuel pressure when Jeff Gordon ran out, and after doing what Doug told him to as far as where to run on the track under yellow, it dropped to only 2 lbs the next lap,with still one more lap under yellow, plus the G/W/C. Robby was convinced he wasnt going to make it, so he pitted. I think he was going to stay out, but when he saw the gauge drop to 2lbs, that is when he called the audible to pit. I am just gathering all this through the scanner replay, and I will play it back for you all later(in case you missed it )
Jeff- Robby WAS going to stay out, but when his fuel pressure gauge dropped to only 2 lbs with 3 laps of racing left, he thought it was going to run out for sure. He pitted when it dropped to 2lbs of pressure left. Replay plays it all out. I wanted him to stay out and go for it. I was screaming for him to stay out too, I am just trying to explain why RG chose to pit and veto his CC.Again, I have no idea how many laps 2lbs of pressure is.
Normal fuel pressure is 6-8psi.It was trying to run-out of fuel before he pitted (or not picking up all in the bladder) they'll know for sure this week back at the shop.Damn'd if you do ,Damn'd if you don't. The next to last stop dictated the last stop. Mike
Agreed. I really felt confident with Doug on the box. Usually, if there is a call I don't understand, I scream at the t.v., but today I just said "Doug knows what he's doing."
It was just nice too see Robby being a part of the whole race. Bummer about the last 2 laps, but the rest of the race sure was cool!
I think robby had a great run.we should all be proud of how they ran they were a contender for the win thats all a fan can ask for . the end was less then everyone wanted but it was a sign of life for the time and great for the pr guys to goto bat to get more sponsers.
I agree Sherri..It was damn exciting watching Robby run up front all day until the end. Hope it gives the team a boost. I also like when the were talking about Doug he said he wanted to take RGM to the next level. Hope for some more good mojo in Texas!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service