2009 Robby Gordon Primm Preview & Gilliland Richmond Preview

Charlotte, NC (September 10, 2009) – The hard charging Robby Gordon never rests, and he proves that fact again this weekend. Gordon will compete in the fourth of five SCORE International Off-Road Racing Series races, the Primm 300 on Saturday. Before he heads to Nevada, he will make a pit stop in Richmond, VA later this afternoon with fellow NASCAR driver, David Gilliland to visit a local Army Reserve and Defense Supply Center. Gordon and Gilliland are teaming up to salute the 80th Training Command Reserve on behalf of Operation Homefront®, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing emergency and morale assistance to U.S. troops and their families.

Gordon and Gilliland will meet with soldiers of the 80th Training Command, tour the motor pool, take a ride in a military vehicle, exchange driving tips and hold a meet and greet. In addition, Gordon will present official crew shirts to two lucky Soldiers who will serve as honorary pit crew members on the No. 7 Jim Beam race team at the September 12th NASCAR Sprint Cup event at Richmond International Speedway.

After the appearance, Gordon will fly to Nevada to drive the No. 77 Monster Energy / Toyo Tires Trophy Truck in the SCORE series event. Gordon and the Robby Gordon Off-Road team have been nearly flawless during the 2009 season, currently leading the Trophy Truck point standings. Gordon looks to clinch the championship this weekend, which would be his sixth Off-Road Championship and his first since 1996. “This is the first time I have run a full SCORE schedule since 1996. I won the Trophy Truck Championship back then and I am confident we can do it again this year,” commented Gordon.

David Gilliland / RGM Richmond Preview

David Gilliland will take Gordon's place in the No. 7 Jim Beam Camry on Saturday night at the Richmond International Speedway. California natives Gordon and Gilliland grew up with racing in their blood. Both worked in their fathers' race shops and learned every aspect of cars from the chassis up. That knowledge will serve Gilliland well this weekend in Richmond as he works with crew chief Kirk Almquist to finely tune the No. 7 Jim Beam Camry for Saturday night’s Chevy Rock & Roll 400. During 2009, Gilliland’s immense talent has been on display as he has qualified and performed splendidly in cars that did not have the luxury of being in the top-35 in owners’ points. Gilliland is eager to showcase his skills in Gordon’s No. 7 stating, “I am very excited that Robby has given me the opportunity to drive the No. 7 Jim Beam Camry in Richmond this weekend. Robby’s team builds some great race cars, and I am going to do my best to bring home a good finish for Jim Beam and Robby Gordon Motorsports.”

When asked about Gilliland being in the No. 7 this weekend Gordon stated, “David did some testing for me earlier this year, and he and Kirk formed a good working relationship that will pay dividends this weekend. He’s an excellent race car driver and I am confident he will be competitive this weekend in Richmond”

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't know David actually did some testing with RGM...interesting.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service