LONG POND, PA (July 31, 2009) – Robby Gordon is heading back to the “Keystone State” for Sunday’s Pennsylvania 500 at Pocono Raceway, the second of two races at the unique 2.5-mile triangular-shaped track in just six weeks. Sunday’s 500 miles of Cup Series action marks Gordon’s 17th start at the track.

“Man in Black” – “I know that there has been some confusion this week surrounding the four-part video series on our website, robbygordon.com. The reason that we decided to do this campaign and run the “Man in Black” decals on the quarter panels this weekend is really simple – it is for the fans and our way of giving something back to them. When I heard the words recently, I thought that since we were running a black car at Pocono that we should do something to give back to those who support our sport. The music of Johnny Cash speaks to those who stand up for what they believe even in the face of adversity. We are all guilty of being apathetic and too self-absorbed to think about what is going on in the world around us. There are some real problems in the world, and a lot of people are struggling. If you listen to the words of the song, it is a reminder that even though the world is not perfect, we are not without hope.”

“We could sit here and cry about not having a sponsor for this weekend’s race. Instead, let’s do something for the fans! We are dedicating this race to them and thanking them for everything that they have done to aid in our success. At the end of the day, we don’t have it that bad. We have a great business and have a lot of fun doing this. It is a tough time for us and for many of the fans, but we will all get through this because we have the passion and the love of the sport,” commented Gordon.

TV and Radio Times – Qualifying is set for July 31st at 3:40 p.m. (ET) on ESPN, MRN, and Sirius. The 200 laps of racing action begins on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. and will be broadcast live on ESPN, MRN and Sirius Satellite radio.

Appearance Schedule – On Friday evening from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Gordon will be signing autographs as Jack Williams Tire, which is located at 1009 Route 940,Mt. Pocono, PA 18344. For more information, please visit robbygordon.com or jackwilliams.com.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, well said, and certainly answers that question. Thanks, Robby.
Thanks Robby! Still be cool to see a Planet logo gracing that hood to show Robby and the rest of racing just how loyal fans can be.
this pre race report will have to do this week...Slider's reports will resume next week for the Glen
Missed you this week.... good to know we can look forward to your usual great read for the Glen.
You rock Robby!
That's why I pull for Robby! Very well said. My company is down35% for the first half of the year,but I'm still in better shape than many others.You just put your head down and plow ahead. Watching Robby every week is an inspiration.GO ROBBY!!!
wow, Robby, my favorite diver, mentioned Johnny Cash one of my all time favorite singers.
The man loves country music.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service