Charlotte, NC (November 12, 2009) – Robby Gordon and the No. 7 team will welcome Jim Beam back to the hood of Gordon’s Camry to mark the sponsor’s final appearance in the five season partnership. In honor of Veteran’s Day, Operation Homefront will serve as an associate sponsor. Operation Homefront is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing emergency and morale assistance to U.S. troops and their families.

Robby’s Remarks – "Jim Beam has been a great partner for the past five years," said Robby Gordon. "I would like to thank them for their support through the years. They have been with me since we started the team in 2005, helping build our Cup team and aiding in its success.”

“In the spring race at Phoenix, we had a really good car and had a great run going. Unfortunately we were ultimately caught up in an accident, which ruined our chances of a strong finish. Hopefully, we’ll have a strong car this weekend that can bring home a great finish to show our appreciation and celebrate our partnership with Jim Beam.”

Past Phoenix Performances – Since the beginning of his Sprint Cup Series career, Robby Gordon has recorded 13 starts at the 1-mile oval. Over the years, Gordon has logged nearly 4,000 laps around Phoenix International Raceway, and has achieved two top ten finishes. Gordon’s top finish of 7th came in just his second start at the track. In 2005, Gordon finished 8th in the fall race at PIR while racing for his own team.

Weekend Appearances – Robby Gordon will be at the Avondale Walmart located at 13055W Santa Fe Avondale, AZ on Friday, November 13 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Paul Menard will join Gordon for a special appearance at the RGM Merchandise Trailer at Phoenix International Raceway. The two drivers will meet fans and sign autographs beginning at 9:00 a.m. EST on Sunday, November 15.

TV and Radio Times – Fans can tune into ABC for a live television broadcast of the Checker O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 at 2:30 p.m. EST on Sunday, November 15. MRN and Sirius XM Radio will carry radio coverage of the event beginning at 2:45 p.m. EST. Qualifying for the 500-lap event will take place on Friday, November 13, at 5:30 p.m. EST, and will be broadcast on ESPN 2.

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess Jim Beam isnt the primary at Homestead. looking at the schedule, I thought they were.
Walmart? lol

Operation Homefront to victory lane 2 weeks in a row?
I don't see Operation Homefront anywhere on the car. New decals to go on tonight?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service