Join in here to discuss all the action from Pocono.Weekend Schedule as follows:

FRIDAY
Practice 1 - July 31, 12:00 - 1:30 pm/et, TV-SPEED ( 16th quickest )
Qualifying - July 31 at 3:10pm/et, TV-ESPN2 (qualifying draw, 25th )

SATURDAY
Practice 2 - August 1, 10:00 - 10:45 am/et, TV-ESPN2
Happy Hour- August 1, 11:20am - 12:20pm/et, TV-ESPN2

SUNDAY
Raceday August 2, 2009.
TV: ESPN at 2:00 pm/et; pre-race show at 1:00 pm/et; green flag approx 2:16pm/et

Raceday chat will also be available.

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I said nothing to you about that story. You are thinking of your 'other' account.
Rob was parked 5 laps for retaliation during the caution. OK fine. But why was he allowed back on the track to get wrecked by the 12 for aggressive driving? Only after that was he slapped with a penalty. Riddle me that Batman!
RG is a moron for going on the radio that Nascar listens to "The 12 is going to get wrecked. Nascar can park me but the 12 is getting wrecked." This is the guy who at NH said he was going to wreck the 16 and sure did, and also collected the 19 & 20 that were running for a Championship.

WTF is Nascar supposed to do, RG called them out and they parked his ass. RG does need to learn to hold off until a later race. One thing about RG, he will wreck someone if he says so so you have to do something with him.

The only thing was he was not in contention to win so 33rd or 13th doesn't mean jack, RG needs to win a race. Next week is his only shot for 2009, hopefully Stremme doesn't punt him since he has nothing to lose.
what troubles me is that guys (every driver in general) settle their differences by using their race cars, dammit I want to see fists thrown, if Robby wanted to get back at Stremme then wait until after the race and knock his ass down. It's only a matter of time before someone is killed or injured because of using race cars for retaliation.

Stremme should be parked for the next race, and Robby needs a slap on the wrist for even thinking about wrecking someone again on purpose.
I could be wrong but no way does Robby let his mouth/temper get the best of him today if he is in danger of being knocked out of the top 35 or at the very least, Kirk reminds him of the points,

But the radio communication was tv gold.

Oh, did he ever retaliate after harvick's blatant dump a couple of years ago at Bristol?
all in all Robby needs to learn how to control his anger during races, nothing good ever happens when Robby gets angry. This goes back to his CART days when he rammed into Michael Andretti on purpose after a race.

Whatever worked for Tony Stewart Robby needs the same thing.
what \RG should have stated on the raido was the 12 car is going to be spun by somebody and if mike helton and brian france dosn't like it lets let the news meida discuss who is wrong us the 12 car or nascrap "they (nascrap) wouldnt dare do anything then"
and yes a knuckle sandwich at the helicopter was warrented
What bothered me more than anything was its Pocono. There was a time RG sat out a race at Pocono because of his actions, in a Busch race none the less. He should know nothing would have pleased Nascar more than to park him at Watkins Glen for screwing around. That should have been the first words out of Kirk's mouth.

Rob was faster than Stremme all day. He passed Stremme then let him come back to him to he could wreck him. Ultimately it was Rob that took away at top 25 run, did the crew get angry at him for it? He sure gets angry when they throw away top 25 runs.

You wanna prove something to Stremme, you wanna get him angry...pass him and finish ahead of him. That will bother him alot more than a few bumps. Now he gets the last laugh knowing he ruined your day and beat a car that was faster.

That said, Nascar gave Stremme a lucky dog, I didnt think you got those after Nascar imposed penalties.
Robby is not on probation, Kirk is:

Robby penalized for rear axle: NASCAR has issued penalties to the #7 team that competes in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as a result of rules violations committed at Lowe’s Motor Speedway earlier this week. The #7 car, driven and owned by Robby Gordon, was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4I (any determination by NASCAR Officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-10.6H (rear axle housing exceeded the maximum specified toe of plus or minus one degree) of the 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rule Book. The violation was found during post-race inspection on May 25. As a result, Gordon has been penalized with the loss of 50 championship owner and 50 championship driver points. Crew chief Kirk Almquist has been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.(NASCAR PR)(5-27-2009)
You know race fans in all the what ifs and shoud haves everyone is forgetting that an early pit road speeding penalty after the best peace of Robby driving I have ever saw at Pochono (first 20 laps) really screwed the day up.........and the only one that controls that is the driver......so with that, he should have been racing the top 15 when the 12's brain locked up in 22nd and what if Robby had not sped where would he have finished.........you see race fans when you get the little things right its like the volts on the shit magnet get turned down............and when you don't well, we know that story...................
I think it was an excellent buisness decision.... He got a bunch of tv time for an unsponsored car. They talked about Robby a lot during that race.
And they are still talking about it today on ESPN news, Sportscenter, etc. They must of ran it at least 4 times this morning between 8:30 - 10am

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service