Robby Gordon is jumping the dunes at Glamis over the Holidays, and the videos are starting to make the rounds. A few have been added to the video page.We will have a bunch more footage later.

2009 Glamis Videos

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

damn i wish i would of known ahead of time,next time can you post the announcement earlier please
hmm...not sure what more we can do, as folks pretty much posted over a week ago that they thought RG would be at Glamis over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Maybe some folks just need to pay closer attention to what is being posted. :-)
Im soo mad at myself for not going!!! Daaammm!!! Great shot!
I just got back and still hungover
I was there ......looking at the pic above. You will also see RG Monster Buggy / pre runner.

Re/ Kevin or Cassy - Several people have sand cars painted with a NASCAR scheme ie. #29 Shell, #9 Mopar Dodge & #9 Bud, #3 Goodwrench, ect, ect.

For those of you "back east" (so cal joke - anything east of Yuma is back East - sorry Bill M) it's about 2 to 3 hrs from San Diego. The Sand Dunes are our play ground 5 to 6 months out of the year. (while its cooler) Thanksgiving is one of the busiest times of the year.

Been going since I was a kid - It’s an amazing place.
My group has all but quit going to the sand on major holiday weekends. For one it is to crowded and those seem to be the weekends when you here of the punks coming out and starting trouble and hearing about things getting stolen. I remember the days when you did not have to lock everything up, and there were not curfews in the dunes. Then again maybe I am just getting old and grumpy!

I have had two incidents that make me not enjoy the crowded holiday weekends. Several year back I was on my bike and had a collision with a young kid on his bike. The father was riding so far behind his kid that he did not have good supervision of him. When the kid crossed my line we hit, bending my left front fork and bending the kids rear wheel. This freaked me out as I could have really hurt the kid. A course the dad wanted to scream at me and blame me for his lack of supervision.

Then two seasons later I am out there again riding in a friends buggy and all of the sudden we have another buggy land on top of us. This other guy was fairly new to the sport with a high horsepower buggy, did not know what he was doing. He launched his buggy into bowl landing on us. The good news is the guy had more money them brains and he did pay for 2/3rd of the damage he caused.
my group is the same. i do miss cooking the turkey in the sand though. no more major weekends for us.
last time i was there was thanksgiving 1983
wasnt bad yet but at nite we came across a guy that on a quaud who had been killed by some drunk who was jumping dunes at nite
yes was blaming the dead guy
my motto is "people are a$$holes"
i dont deal well with them and got tired of being the sober guy who allways broke up the fights so i quit hanging around crowds
2004 was our last big Holiday weekend, The Punks with Sobe Bombs and the BLM Sand Nazi's keep us away on the Big ones now,
RG taking the Monster TT to Glamis can only mean one thing...New TT for 2010!!!
its true... the OG's dont go on big holidays anymore.... Kinda like the river these days. Its sad to say the punks really kinda ruined it for the true lovers of the dunes. Although its fun to see RG on thanksgiving weekend. He never has any issues with traffic cause everyone paves a way for him to see what he will do next. Kinda makes me want to paint my buggy with the monster sceme and throw a 77 on the side.... but make no mistake, glamis used to be the place to be on turkey day until the douche bags found about it... I do get a kick out of seeing people flip the F out when they see RG TT roll up to oldsmobile hill...

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service