Join in here and discuss all the weekend action from the second cup race at Michigan. Robby will be running the #7 Moen Toyota, and here is the weekend schedule.

FRIDAY,August 14th.

Practice 12:00 - 1:30 pm/et, ( 14th quickest )
Qualifying 3:40pm/et, ( 24th quickest )

SATURDAY, August 15th

Practice 12:30 - 1:15 pm/et ( 36th quickest )
Happy Hour 1:50 - 2:50pm/et, ( 16th quickest )

SUNDAY, August 16th

2:00 pm/et; ( Finished 37th )

Also, raceday live chat will be available, as always, on Sunday.

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The guy who won the race and had the fastest car all weekend rode the wall today...
Here is the "fumes" comment before RG pulled into the garage. I will have the scanner finished soon.
Attachments:
and give us what we deserve. I at least deserve a top 10 because I spend hours in front computer and TV during the race. Make it a top 5 because I check planetrobby everyday.
Bill I get upset when RG has a bad day, or two, or season but we as fans do NOT deserve SHIT. We are fans and we do not have any skin in the game. RG is the team owner and driver and the only thing that matters is him. Is he having a good time? You can hear disappointment in his voice but he keeps coming back. He seems happy during pre-race interviews. Do his sponsors think they are getting their monies worth? They must, they keep coming back. We can have an opinion but as they say, opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one.

Sorry about the rant but I hate it when thinks they are entitled or deserve something they don't.

Gas On Robby - I will be here every week as long as you are a owner/driver doing it your way.
Robby is stuck in a bed of his own making. We all know that he has the tallent to be a "chase" driver every year if he had settled for driving for someone else, but he didn't, so unless some miracle happens, he won't. He might have the drive, tallent, and ambition, heck, he might even get a couple of more wins before he hangs it up, but unless he wins a 350 million dollar power ball or something, he will never have the bucks. Even if he did have the bucks, I seriously doubt that he would ever completely listen to a crew chief. I bet he could have Chad sitting on the box, and would over rule him on adjustments during a race. We all know this, so why are we surprised that he runs where he runs. I used to get mad at him, because it seemed like such a waste of potentual, but I have since realised that a big part of what makes him so good at times, is his belief in himself that he can do everything, and overcome everything. That is why I was concerned today when he gave up.

Has he failed, sure he has. I think he may even realise that he made a big underestimate of his own abilities to build everthing from scratch and be able to compete with the likes of Hendrick, and Roush. But now were is he going to go? Who is going to hire a 40 year old middle of the pack driver, with a bad temper, and a need to micro-manage things. He's all in on this now. Quite frankly I don't know how he keeps doing it, other than the fact that he really loves to race, and that he still has the beilief in himself that he can do better next time. So I'm not mad anymore. I'm sad when I see him get into bumper cars, and get spun, I too get tired of 30 something finishes, and bad seasons. But I didn't become a Robby Fan because of how many races he's won or lost. I became a Robby fan because of the chills I get when his tallent shines through, when he makes a ballsy pass on two wheels when nobody else would even dare to, and pulls it off, or when he controls his 140 mph TT like he was on a Sunday afternoon drive. When he puts a fender on someone, and makes his own road. The fact that he's willing to race anything against anyone at any time. He still does all of that, so if that's not good enough for you, well we are fans for different reasons then my friend.
damn....well said.
well,,,,? I have to agree. to disagree. Lets not put our boy on a pedasil and lets not bash him either. yes were tired of the first caution ROB but lets not hang him for building and doing things his own way. We are still in the twilight of the COT and yes this is a single car effort need say no more. Money blah bah blah Hendrick blah blah blah Hellton blah blah blah this is a rough season the tide is high and now is not the time to jump ship nor throw in the towel. We are fans ...die hard fans. suck it up planet people our time will come!
Thanks brewski! I totally agree. There is more to life then winning and losing. Sometimes the journey is more important, fun, and rewarding.
On the bright side, the race wasn't on Monday.
Always looking for a bright side. Last weekend, we went to Mid-Ohio for the American LeMans race on Saturday and the Indy Car race on Sunday. Great crowd and great racing. All that was missing was to see RG on the track. It seems like the perfect type of racing for his talents. Does anybody think he would ever be interested in the American LeMans series?. Road courses are where he excels and seems the happiest at. Would love to see him in a Ferrari!
I give the sponsors a lot of credit for sticking with the 7 tema for the results they are getting.

Good for Vickers winning, he took a chance and went to Red Bull and has been tough all year. This is a ride RG could have had part ownership in if he did not try to do everything himself.

Someday he will surprise us, next weekend he needs to start up in the top 20 or it will be a long night.
This just examplifies his season, ran good at michigan in June and its typical for this to end the race, We all love robby but when will it change, he is a great driver, but changes have to happen in the crew to make things worth watching, I left after he hit the wall and went to Target, not even caring about the rest of the race and it had nothing to do with not loving to watch this man race anything with wheels. I feel as much as most of us that if something doesnt change, next year may be the last we watch our guy race and most of which may be sponsored by himself, like he runs each race. If you have a full capable team to produce, manage and tell you when to pit, use what you pay for. Im not a hater but i would love people to understand what is important to the fans of the greatest driver ever.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service