Join in here and discuss all the weekend action from the second cup race at Michigan. Robby will be running the #7 Moen Toyota, and here is the weekend schedule.

FRIDAY,August 14th.

Practice 12:00 - 1:30 pm/et, ( 14th quickest )
Qualifying 3:40pm/et, ( 24th quickest )

SATURDAY, August 15th

Practice 12:30 - 1:15 pm/et ( 36th quickest )
Happy Hour 1:50 - 2:50pm/et, ( 16th quickest )

SUNDAY, August 16th

2:00 pm/et; ( Finished 37th )

Also, raceday live chat will be available, as always, on Sunday.

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looked to me that Rob had a tire go down and that was the reason he got into the wall. Perhaps i'm wrong. But the last three weeks have been eventful and getting all up in arms about staying alive and all that is a defeatist attitude. I've worked with a ton of assholes in my day and staying on the sunny side of life and not crying about it was what got me through the day. Even slapping a few verbaly works, work, the one place where strangers have to spend time together, much a chat room or forum. That being said you have to say one thing the guy has built one huge operation STOCK CAR, DAKAR, TROPHY RUCK.
Yea, no ones what will happen. Maybe he will have a good run at Atlanta.

The negativity on this site amazes me. You would think they are a bunch of big team (Gibbs, Roush, Hendrick, DEI, RPM) fans planted here to put RG, RGM, and his fans down.

Here is what I hear. I am the biggest fan but he sucks, can't build a good cup car, is a horrible business man, will not get better, cannot run a team, sucks to work for, doesn't shut up and drive, doesn't have a strategy, and he will suck next week. With fans like these who needs enemies.
If only he had done this......

If only I had picked #23 instead of #26, I would have hit the lottery 10 years ago.

Damn my mother for giving birth to me on the 26th.
I think you misunderstand my post, and if I read yours right we are fans for the same reason. It was not my intent to discredit his accomplishments. I was just trying to respond to the notion that he owes us a win. I relate to the frustration of that sentament, and was trying to explain why a bad finish doesn't get me mad anymore. I won't pretend to know Robby's intentions of starting his own team, but I think it was to try and win, not finish in the back. I agree 100% that he has acomplished more than anyone with his level of support. If his goal was to stay in it, and make a living, and perhaps get in the top 20, great, I think he's still on track to do that. If, however if his goal was to be at the top. I think the facts show he bit off more than he can chew. ( I hope he proves me wrong). If the latter was the case, I do not believe that he has the same opprotunities to drive for someone else in contention for a championship that he might have had he decided to drive for someone else who might have had the resources to get him to the top instead of apparently trying to do it all himself. With all of that being said. I don't really care what he decides to do, as I will gladly watch him whether he is racing lawnmowers, or trophy trucks. I also agree with the comment further in the post about us all being fans. Please don't question my loyalty as a fan (if that's what your doing), just because I don't understand all of his career decisions, and like to speculate about it with you guys.
I am a true RG fan, and I know that before COT he was 26th in points. I do not feel that i am an expert about racing, never said that.
Any word on how Robby is feeling today?
I didn't think that was important to folks.
Good one TOG
I care.
David, great summary. I have been trying to say that for the last 24 hours.
First, I'm worried about the fumes, is Robby doing OK? Second, everyone should keep their heads up, and look a few more years down the road. I would guess that RGM is making some profit, and doing what's wise, letting the business self-fund itself to some extent, while it's growing. It's not the right economic period to be throwing a ton of cash at something, no matter what business it is. Stop comparing RGM to Stewart-Haas, or Mikey-Winky Racing, RGM looks to have a completely different business model, much more conservative, and set up for the long haul - which is very wise. Relax! They will get there.
Well if Earnhart Nation is going crazy with a 3rd place finish after throwing the kitchen sink at him for several weeks I think Robby is doing OK. Carl Edwards has no wins and a bunch of other top drivers are winless so what do you expect, it ain't easy for sure. Relax and think how good it will be with a win. Think how good it will taste for Robby, it has been a long time for him and he knows what its like to drink from the cup. It's got to drive him to the edge on occasion.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service