Join in here and discuss all the weekends activities at Infineon for RGM. There will be 2 team cars for RGM this weekend, PJ Jones in the #04 and of course Robby Gordon in the #7. First practice is on Friday, June 19, 3:00 - 4:30 pm/et, live on SPEED.Qualifying is also on Friday, June 19 at 6:35pm/et,live on SPEED. There are 2 practices on Saturday, June 20,12:30 - 1:15 pm/et and from 1:50 - 2:50 pm/et,both live on SPEED. Race Coverage of the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Infineon Raceway is scheduled for Sunday, June 21, 2009 TNT at 5:00 pm/et; pre-race show at 3:30 pm/et; green flag approx 5:16pm/et.Post here or follow the race on raceday chat.

Views: 453

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Your summation is a little bit rosier than the reality. He didn't make his way through the field", he restarted 25th, dropped to 28th and was barely holding on there. It became about 21st due to spins ahead of him. I think he just couldn't get "up on the wheel" mentally after the yellow. Understandably.
its all Na$crap at its best. Robby rolled the dice and lost and than the rest is history. Na$crap had who they wanted to win he just needed to hang on and do it...Feather in everyone's cap from sponsers to Dodge to the old man petty!!!
The results suck, but Robby came with a well prepped car, the team was kicking some serious ass, and playing out their strategy. It almost worked. Press on, good things will happen.....
I'm sure the "what if's" and "why?" has all been played over and over. The startegy was working. Robby was sticking to the plan and leading the race, racing luck fell and took Robby's chances away? But the reaction cost him. Robby made a setup call that seemed to be way too extreme and it cost him a ton of points. I'm sure it was a desperation call out of frustration, but it knocked alot more than than yellow flag did. Robby restarted near the rear but soon was sitting in 17th with more double file restarts to come. He easily had the equipment for a Top 10 or even Top 5 finish. But the ill-handling car wouldn't perform and Robby couldn't pick up spots. He was slowed by a spinning Biffle that put him in the 25th position and then collected in a wreck that finished him up in 36th. It's sad because even without the win, Robby easily had 75 to 100 points sitting in his lap. Those positions would have moved him up 2 spots in the Owner's Points and closed the gap on the Top 20. That's the down side to being an owner/driver, he needed someone to say "Negative! That car is good, we'll tighten you up a little with air pressure. Go out there and see if you can put yourself within striking distance. We're gonna get some cautions. Get after it!"

Well, it's over and New Hampshire is next...Jim Beam won't return until Chicago, so this weekend and Daytona will be TBA. Crazy thing is these two tracks actually are better tracks for Robby and give the team a chance, Robby won at New Hampshire with RCR and the plate track program has been solid.

I know it takes money & time, but if RGM would put the effort into building a couple of cars like they did their road course car they would be contenders. Build 2 plate cars, 2 road course cars and 2 intermediate cars like they did this past weekend and he'd look more like Stewart-Haas.

Robby must not think of what could have been and think about what his team has done. They had a car built better than anyone and it was bad fast. He has the team, we all know he can drive. Having the Baja 500 win taken away, and leading at Sonoma when the caution flag dropped has to be one of the hardest weeks Robby has ever endured. This will be a long, hard week for Robby Gordon, but he has to move forward.

Now is the time for Robby fans to show support. It's easy to be behind him when he wins, but it's when he's down is when the real fans stand tall.
Nice!!! that is correct Zoom. I respect and love your input as well as many others on here...Go get em next week Robby GAS ON !!!!!
I feel like Robby did after that caution(in car shot).....dont want to think about it anymore.
Well put. I'm a RG fan for who he is, what he does and how he does it. Win or lose it doesn't matter to me. Gas on Robby it was a good show.
Amen! Looking forward to New Hampshire... GO RG!!!!!
Jim Beam Inc has said they sponsor Rob in part for what he brings to the table in terms of passion and his independence, etc.

That in-car shot says it all. How could fans not root against a guy like that. Kind of like when Mickelson had yet to win a major or Norman's collapse at the Masters. People normally love an underdog.
Well not that anybody cares - but a guy who I have known off and own for the past few years just won the U.S. Open.

Yes, I would trade this for a top five from Robby.
I think he would have finished 3rd or 4th. He was 4.5 seconds behind Stewart and holding/gaining slightly when Tony pitted.
I think its almost time to put this topic out to pasture.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service